Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz

Hi guys; I was given this Laptop Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz 2Gb ram expendable to 4gb,
    it has the screen display busted, someone let it fall on the floor and the keyboard doesn't work either, but i can make it work by connecting an external display an connect the keyboard to the usb as so the mouse, it has win7 and runns fair good,
    my question how does a processor this low 1.00ghz can run better than my old p4 2.8ghz processor,
    and is this worth it to get the the display and the keyboard?

Re: Toshiba Satellite C655D-S5202 Amd C-50 1.00 ghz

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
    my question how does a processor this low 1.00ghz can run better than my old p4 2.8ghz processor
    Clock speed is meaningless unless you are comparing two CPUs from the same model line...

Totally differently designed CPUs made years apart... the AMD C-50 is newer, is going to have a much more efficient design etc - so it doesn't need a higher clock. It's also a Dual-core which will be better than a P4, even one with HT.
    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
    -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
      Clock speed is meaningless unless you are comparing two CPUs from the same model line...

Totally differently designed CPUs made years apart... the AMD C-50 is newer, is going to have a much more efficient design etc - so it doesn't need a higher clock. It's also a Dual-core which will be better than a P4, even one with HT.
      Thanks Agent24; for the explanation,good to know stuff like that.

Comment

Have a look here to compare benchmarks. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/
        As Agent24 has said there is also the more efficient design to consider and the Toshiba laptop should also be able to take 8GB of DDR3.
        Doing a quick check the same laptop sells for second hand for about $220, with a screen and keyboard costing $60 and $40. If i was repairing I'd also think about upgrading the memory.
        Last edited by diif; 09-14-2014, 12:49 PM. Reason: forgot link

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
          Thanks Agent24; for the explanation,good to know stuff like that.
          Another thing, that newer laptop will have faster everything else too, faster HDD, faster motherboard, etc, which all contribute to better performance over the older one
          "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
          -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
            Another thing, that newer laptop will have faster everything else too, faster HDD, faster motherboard, etc, which all contribute to better performance over the older one
            Thanks Agent24;today i did this invention proget on this laptop, i had a Toshiba satellite in my scrap and took out the Keyboard but it did not fit by 1/2 an inch i broke the the ends where the screws bolts to the chassis and it fitted there by doing some engineering like using a soldering iron to cut plastic and other inventions and voila i have a working keyboard,now i have a laptop almost full functioning except the display, i disconnected it from the mother board and use the same hd led tv display i use on my main desktop,see attach.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by ivtec; 09-15-2014, 01:32 PM.

Comment

i need bios toshiba l755-142 .anybody have this?

Comment

Working...
              X