Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Viewsonic VX2255WMB No Backlight/screen (With video link)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Viewsonic VX2255WMB No Backlight/screen (With video link)

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
    I have just repaired the same monitor, the difference is that Ihad two bulged 220uF/25V capacitors and the F200 fuse bad.
    My question is about this fuse.
    What is the difference between a 24V and a let's say 125V fuse? I have a 125V in there for now.
    Not much really for this use. the Voltage is the max voltage the fuse can handle but it is the amperage that matters.
    So at say 20v level you could use a 4A 24v 36v 64v 125v fuse.
    The 125v might just take a millisec or so longer to blow when the 4A is exceeded.

At 120v they would all blow except the 125v one.

The other considerations are whether it is fast blow or slow blow ceramic or glass - replace a ceramic with a glass and it blows you could have shards of glass everywhere. Again with smd you should get the same physical size use a smaller one it could pop when it blows and cause collateral damage.
    Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
    http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thanks. I don't know which one is F200? It could be a fast blow?
      I have soldered in a ceramic Littlefuse which is a bit bigger in size. I haven't checked wich type is it, but I can check the packaging.

Comment

It is a fast blow.(above, which and not wich, sorry about that).

Comment

Originally posted by selldoor View Post
          Not much really for this use. the Voltage is the max voltage the fuse can handle but it is the amperage that matters.
          So at say 20v level you could use a 4A 24v 36v 64v 125v fuse.
          The 125v might just take a millisec or so longer to blow when the 4A is exceeded.

At 120v they would all blow except the 125v one.
          hmm....that actually contradict to what i've always thought about fuse rating.

i always thought that the wattage is what counts. that is, if i were to replace a 1a 250v fuse with a 125v type, i would use a 2a so that the wattage remains the same, and vice versa. so if i will to use a 24v type i would have to use a 10a fuse at least.

am i wrong?

Comment

Working...
          X