Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Disk:Samsung SP1604N - Pcb: BF41-00076A

Greetings to all!
    This time I have to try to fix this Hard Disk: SAMSUNG SP1604N - PCB: BF41-00076A that has the problem that will not turn on.
    This hard drive has a component in fact destroyed that certainly does not feed properly the entire circuit .....

I know it's an impossible task but you component is??
    on the circuit are the polarity ... so I guess it's a caps ... what do you think??

Thank you!

Re: Hard Disk:Samsung SP1604N - Pcb: BF41-00076A

i think it's a diode - I had the same thing happen when I plugged in the wrong power adapter into an external drive (swapped the +5 and +12 rails) I found one on an old 40GB drive which I soldered into place and my 1TB drive worked fine.
    Thats not a Fuhjyyu I used in your antec PSU its a HITACHI!! rofl lol lmao funni gui!

Comment

Have a look here - or do some research on Hard Drive TVS diodes
      http://forums.seagate.com/t5/Barracu...p/33577/page/2
      Thats not a Fuhjyyu I used in your antec PSU its a HITACHI!! rofl lol lmao funni gui!

Comment

Riotpack, thanks for your answer ..... but I think we are close to solving the problem as they are able to get a picture of the offending part!!

Of that component's this??

Thank you all!

Comment

Either a capacitor for extra filtering or a diode for protection. The drive will likely work without it, regardless of which of these it is.

First thing to do is to remove it. Next, check what each pad on the board for this component is connected to. If one pad is ground and the other is 5V or 12V, then it's likely either a capacitor or a diode as I mentioned above - in which case the drive will work fine without it.

Comment

I thank everyone for their cooperation, but I decided to restitutire the'' hd to their rightful owner because I do not live together even the operation of the head, in order to prevent further damage.

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X