Need help with Power Director 8.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with Power Director 8.0

Ok, I've never really had software issues like this...

PD8 has worked for several months since I got it, but now it won't open. Windows keeps saying the program has stopped working a bit after the logo appears. Haven't gotten any help from Cyberlink yet.

Nothing has been changed on my PC that I can recall. Seems other people have had the issue as well, but even uninstalling and running CCleaner before reinstalling hasn't fixed it.

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Haven't had any other glitches other than this crappy program, and I need to be able to edit videos! If anyone has experience fixing this, let me know.

Re: Need help with Power Director 8.0

Not sure if this would help, but maybe try uninstalling the program, then clean all of the registry items related to PD8 in regedit and reinstall again.
    Prior to reinstalling, though, navigate to the folder where PD8 was installed and look for any files left behind (particularly setting files) - if yes, delete them. Also see if there are any log files as well - those may contain info why the program is crashing.

Comment

update your graphics drivers. Cyberlink software is very touchy with them

Comment

Figured it out. Had to go back to an ATI video card. Got a new Radeon 6870 on the way to upgrade the 3850.

Comment

nevermind. Misread the software name.

Comment

Working...
          X