Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P5P800...dead

Originally posted by stevo1210 View Post

new system is an amd 965 phenom x4 with an asus m4a88td-evo-usb3 motherboard... along with a new thermaltake litepower 430w psu.
    Okay, now we have a problem. My friend (who is also my resident car mechanic) has now come in with a complaint. The system works fine and does everything he needs to do, but he says he has to boot it twice every time. For example, the first push of the power button will power up the system, but the screen stays blank with no beeps at all though all the fans are spinning etc. He then has to turn it off and then boot it again and then it will come up with the display and give the single beep. This is playing my brain inwards... what's wrong here...? It does it every time... not once in a while either. O.o
    Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Could it be the psu or motherboard?
      Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Could be both. I've seen a board that would need to be reset on powerup when overclocked past a certain setting. Did he try updating the BIOS?
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Agreed, board or PSU are likely the cause.

Comment

I agree as well, it could be both. Try a known good power supply first, though. That Thermaltake Litepower 430w doesn't sound that great.

Comment

Working...
            X