um...dishwasher?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

um...dishwasher?

Anyone worked on a auto dishwasher board with any degree of success?
    They is too expensive to replace.

939 DualCore AMD Opteron, 1800 MHz (9 x 200)
    Abit AN8 / Fatal1ty AN8 SLI Series
    3072 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
    ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series (1024 MB
    Lian LI Aluminium mesh case

Re: um...dishwasher?

'Auto' dishwasher...?

Is this just a standard kitchen dishwasher?
    What board, what's wrong with it? Make & model, PICTURES!

Comment

I recommend marriage counseling. Divorces are expensive, you're right there.
      Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

try www.partselect.com or
        www.repairclinic.com or
        www.appliancepartspros.com

for parts.

There use to be a whirpool site that had all their brands' service manuals available for free. But alas the b*%tards made it paid subscription only starting oct 1. I won't help them out by linking to it.

Comment

Its a Simpson Silencio 972
          It wont progress past pre-wash just sits looking dumb with a a light cycling.
          I had the door cover off just a simple looking board, will take a photo later

Comment

The dishwasher is trying to tell you something! My Googleing didn't get my far though.
            I found manuals for the 850, here: http://www.cs.usyd.edu.au/~jstavrak/simpson_dishwasher/

You can try contacting Simpson, but if they're anything like Hotpoint, they'll tell you to look at an FAQ that doesn't help. They might give you a manual!

In the case of my Hotpoint washing machine - the filter was blocked, resulting in the mini load and reduced crease light flashing, because the pump couldn't move the water.

Comment

Thank you seanc. My machine appears to be close to the 980
              Here is dishwasher central. I love to know what them wires lead to....

Comment

There's two boards, with an intermediate board, connected with resistors? Interesting.

All I would do at the moment is check ESR of caps and solder joints.
                I'd be more interested in finding the meaning of the flashing light - it means something.

Comment

This might help a little:

SIMPSON SILENCIO 972 DISHWASHER => Model: 52B972WE*01
                  - from: http://spares.alliedappliance.com.au...4_3_10_73.html

Parts houses will probably use 52B972WE*01

No luck on a drawing.

I'm kind'a thinkin' bad transistor, or one not working due to bad supporting part.
                  Mann-Made Global Warming.
                  - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                  -
                  You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                  -

Comment

talking about work like we do sometimes. that kind of stuff has some potential. most plumbers/home techs i know their abilities dont extend to board repair. get a few of them as client and bingo.
                    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Are you sure the physical parts are OK. It might not progress because something else is wrong. The board does show corrosion. Check all connections and then transistors.

Comment

I'd look at the interlock safety switches. Next I'd look at the pump. What about the stain on the choke there? Is it fried?
                        Last edited by Junk Parts; 10-15-2010, 03:08 PM.
                        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                        Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                        John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                        Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts View Post
                          I'd look at the interlock safety switches. Next I'd look at the pump. What about the stain on the choke there? Is it fried?
                          I agree.
                          The was a blurb in the sketchy manual that said the door safety switch would stop it.
                          Can't think of why a flaky switch would stop it at exactly the point in the cycle every time though...

-
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                          -
                          You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                          -

Comment

99% of the time with these types of gear it's not the board.
                            check the pump filter and any pressure sensors - if they have small hoses linking them you need to check the hoses arent blocked by crap or scale.

i'v done some washing machines and it's always some sensor or other mechanical part.

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
                              I agree.
                              The was a blurb in the sketchy manual that said the door safety switch would stop it.
                              Can't think of why a flaky switch would stop it at exactly the point in the cycle every time though...
                              Originally posted by stj
                              99% of the time with these types of gear it's not the board.
                              check the pump filter and any pressure sensors - if they have small hoses linking them you need to check the hoses arent blocked by crap or scale.

i'v done some washing machines and it's always some sensor or other mechanical part.
                              Don't want to sound like "me too", but both these are right on track.

A bad or blocked line when it goes to pump out will kick it into shutoff. A door switch or interlock would prevent it from even working. A failure in the "brain" is not usually picky and would not let it even begin to function correctly.

Listen to it and see if you can detect what it tries to do when it fails. Does the motor do the first cycle then stop then start again and shutdown? That would usually point right at a blocked or restricted drain, and a sensor has prevented that. These reverse motor direction to pump out.

I had one where a screw came loose and was in the pump. Cycled fine until pump out. Then it sounded like a coffee grinder.

You'll figure it out eventually, but I don't think you are having a control board problem.

Or, you'll call the repairman...

Q
                              Last edited by Quasar; 10-15-2010, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help
                                I got a day on it tomorrow will check everything I can that you have suggested
                                I rescued it from the tip was on neighbours frontage awaitin collection, I think it will make a half decent home brew bottle steriliser

Meantime putting together latest board, Fatal1ty AN8 SLI 939 with an Opteron 165

BTW I went over some soldering on caps on an EPOX board with my big bad boy iron. Not only did it start without faffing about, but the CPU runs 20C cooler
                                Last edited by kiddznet; 10-16-2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Well now to add to my problems the Fatal1ty wont start. In fact it does not do much. No LED display only little red winking LEDS near the GURU pins I took out the 24 pin connecter and hooked it up to a tester and the board lights near the VRM came on with the 4 pin plug still in. The PSU tested fine but no life from the board
                                  Oh...when I unpacked it someone had left off the CMOS jumper. I put another one on cleared this and put in new battery
                                  Just out of curiosity would this board run with that jumper missing?
                                  AN8-SLI 939 socket

Comment

Yes it will run with the jumper missing. You have another problem.
                                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Thank you Th3.
                                      I will try another PSU today but I dont like the look of it

Comment

I don't think modding you dishwasher with a motherboard will get the dishes any cleaner.

-

- Dr Seuss
                                        -
                                        -

Comment

Working...
                                        X