freebie p4 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

freebie p4 board

today, i got an old gateway lexington board. it is a rebadged intel d850mv.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support...pboards/d850mv

specs:

socket 478
    4 rambus slots
    8x agp (i think)
    6 usb (4 back, 2 header)
    5 pci
    has 20 pin atx, p4 connector, and 5 pin thingy

it had no ram or anything, board only.

it is not one of the AA #'s that will do 533mhz fsb. bummer. i also do not have 4 rambus sticks.

it has good caps... sanyo and rubycon.

well... since the friend who gave it to me got it from a 70 year old lady, PCBONEZ, your comment/joke about a grandma with a s423 p4 and rambus was not that far off...

comments?
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: freebie p4 board

Unless you have some rambus memory lying around, it's probably not cost effective to build a system out of it. Rambus memory is crazy expensive used, and I don't even know where to get new stuff any more.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Dimension-8...item5d25ecf508 30 bucks for 1GB
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I also got an Intel Board D850MV but mine came with 256mb total Rambus ram on it.

Still, it is not enough to build a system with it.

Comment

shelve it as a spare incase someone needs it.i would not spend anything to build it.i occasionaly get a request for such an oddball.

Comment

I had a pretty nice Gateway tower in here about a year ago with one of those boards. The system was circa 2002 iirc.

I'm with kc8adu on this one - definitely worth keeping on the shelf, but I wouldn't build a system around it.

Comment

my spare rambus is in a PIII system, andc that is 2 slots of 256mb. somewhere i have a 128mb stick and a terminor caard.

i have a good psu for it if i ever had a need to build it... 300w delta, designed for a p4 of that era. has p4 and the 5 pin connection.
              sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Working...
              X