Moving up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Moving up.

KB970133 hit my brother's machine (32-bit) but hasn't hit mine yet (64-bit), or at least doesn't show up under installed updates. Now I gotta figure out how to reverse it on his machine and make sure mine doesn't get bit. everybody running a questionable copy of 7... watch out for this update. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

I may end up buying a license for my box if WGA starts giving me shit. I'm impressed THAT much by w7.
    Last edited by weirdlookinguy; 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM.

Comment

KB970133 sucks but on all the 7 machines I have seen it is unchecked by default in Windows update. You have to check it manually to get it.

If you are running a questionable 7 install do a SLIC mod on your BIOS and then oem your install. As long as you don't use the one blacklisted key it's foolproof and even KB970133 works fine.

Comment

Stevo, Have you considered dual-booting? That way, you can use windows 7 or XP depending on what you are doing. Personally, I won't touch windows 7 (or Vistrash) due to the high memory usage. I find it too slow with any less than 2GB RAM, for any edition. My gaming rig (see my signature for specs), and the family computer are both running XP Pro SP3 x86 and my briefcase is running Ubuntu linux 9.10 64bit
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I hate dual booting. I just want it to be simple and easy. Seriously I've reverted back to novice computering nowadays. No more high techie stuff these days haha.
          Don't find love, let love find you. That's why its called falling in love, because you don't force yourself to fall, you just fall. - Anonymous

Comment

Damnit, I should have knocked on wood when I wrote that post. KB970133 hit my machine today.

Any ideas on what to do AFTER you get bit?

Comment

use a cr*ck that works and don't worry about it anymore.
              or remove WPA entirely with a diff. c.... (what isn't there anymore can't cause problems. )

Comment

You should be fine. My wife has a AMD 2800+ dual core, on 2 gigs of ram, and her system runs fine. Mostly plays movies across the network, and pokes around online.

I would say 3 gigs is fine. 4 gigs is the "sweet spot" where you will have plenty of ram for gaming. I know people with more, but I also have friends who play games on 2 gigs fairly well. 1 gig I would say that is a bit low, 2 gigs is on the low end.

Comment

Aaaand we're back in business.

If anybody needs more details, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                  X