Hardware protection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware protection

Many of us collect various hardware components, some of us for fun, some of us for future usage (paradox - but I think the common thing of us is to preserve this stuff FUNCTIONAL. I'd like to ask how I can progress with storing any HW, under what environment conditions etc. But mainly I'd like to know how I can protect my HW from fingerprint residues mainly... Is there some sort of a cleaning chemical which cleans such mess? Because we know sometimes wires tend to corrode and I wish not to be denied my happines in next 30 years using my VP6 due to this inconvenience.

Any thoughts?
    Mobo: MSI K8N Master2-FAR CPU: 2x Opteron 265 OC'd @ 2,25GHz RAM: 2x2GB Crucial DDR400 CL3 ECC/Buff. (ECC OFF), VGA: ASUS HD6950 2GB Reference edition FLASHED TO HD6970 HDD: 80GB ATA133 Seagate ,OnBoard: 2xGLAN, 8-Ch. Realtek audio, USB2.0/Firewire, PCIe Physx card PSU: 850W Corsair AX Case: Cooler Master HAF932 + NZXT 5 Fan Controller.

Re: Hardware protection

1 - Wash your hands before handling.
    2 - Clean with isopropyl alcohol.
    Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Working...
    X