Rage mobility driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rage mobility driver

So after hassling with this blasted little Vaio PCG-C1VN Picturebook I finally got it loaded with an up-to-date install of Windows FLP and got it pretty much as decked out as I can get (short of the rare 300mb ram upgrade).
    The only issue I'm having is with the confounded ATI Rage Mobility-M1 (the 1 denoted it's the 8mb model) graphics chipset.
    The Sony driver installer provides some sort of driver but windows says there are missing files (and I don't know where the installer extracts the driver files) and fails to install the driver so I'm stuck at 640x480, google has yet to yeild a hit for a suitable replacement and even ATI says that the model GPU exists however supplies no information on where to find the drivers.
    Any assistance?

Unrelated to the issue above, another thing I noticed an issue with is that I don't have any power saving options. This thing does support standby/suspend/hibernate mode but windows didn't configure itself to use it when it was installed and I lose a good chunk of my battery life when I'm not using it. Is there a way to enable it again?
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: Rage mobility driver

enable acpi?

FLP=XP when it comes to drivers.

I found it on driverguide.com, but it is too big to attach, ill PM with my email so i can get it to you that way.

enjoy!
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

As in enabling ACPI in the BIOS? The BIOS does not have an option for that so I'm assuming it's locked on by default.
      Find Nedry!

Comment

in windows... look it up, idk how to force it... if it was linux, i could tell you how, but this DOES:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314088

you have to edit a file, it says how about halfway down the page.
        sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Try running Windows update? Sometimes it offers drivers for random hardware.

Comment

I have and ATI rage mobility card in my old Dell Lappy. I have the driver for it from Dell as well as from ATI. Let me know if you want it and I will attemp to email them to you.
            "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
            Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
            John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
            Rod Serling

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747
              in windows... look it up, idk how to force it... if it was linux, i could tell you how, but this DOES:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314088

you have to edit a file, it says how about halfway down the page.
              I have to edit a file on the installation CD? Ummmmm... :/

Hey junk. Send me an email with the drivers and I'll se if those work.
              Find Nedry!

Comment

Originally posted by Junk Parts
                I have and ATI rage mobility card in my old Dell Lappy. I have the driver for it from Dell as well as from ATI. Let me know if you want it and I will attemp to email them to you.
                Same here, I had an Inspiron 9300 that Dell never posted updates for, so I used the ATI Mobility Modder Tool to be able to install the latest driver set for mobile chipsets. I didn't see the OP's hardware listed on there, but maybe it's worth a shot?

Comment

I hate this god damn time limit.
                  I checked the Computer tab in the device manager and it says the system is an ACPI PC sp ACPI is already enabled. Bizarre.
                  Find Nedry!

Comment

I could be way off the mark, but I think I recall some power saving options go awol if you don't have the correct graphics drivers installed.

Comment

I'm trying to email you these drivers but you have your email locked.
                      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
                      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
                      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
                      Rod Serling

Comment

Go check your PM inbox now.
                        I could be way off the mark, but I think I recall some power saving options go awol if you don't have the correct graphics drivers installed.
                        Hmm, that might be true here as I saw somethign similar before.
                        Find Nedry!

Comment

I tried to send it off to you but it was returned as having and illegal attachment. The the upload of my other driver was blocked because it was over 25mb. You can go to the Dell site and get it. Its listed as number R68764.
                          Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Tat is a driver for the Mobility M7 which is a vastly different breed than what I got here.
                            Find Nedry!

Comment

Try the driver for the Inspiron 3800. It came with the ATI Mobility-M1.

Comment

The file for the ATI Rage Mobility M1 in the Sony Vaio PCG-C1VN is on the Sony site. Its six something megs. Its number may be VDO772AXPB. It tried to mail you this one and it was returned again! The AMD/ATI site did state that the driver for you unit is porpriatary to Sony and you must use the sony driver version. It has something to do with your flat screen in your unit.
                                Last edited by Junk Parts; 05-04-2010, 06:57 PM.
                                Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Yeah, it has a really weird set of resolutions.
                                  Hmm, 'm getting the feeling I'm going to need to figure out where it's extracting its files for me to solve this if the regular ATI drivers are not what I need.
                                  Find Nedry!

Comment

Could your missing files be DLL's? Sony listed a few DLL packages for your unit. Speaking of resoluton I had some issues when I added the Flat screen optiquest Q9 to my Lappy. Windows Xp loaded some sort of driver for it and it worked but not very well. At anything above 800x600 the picture was way to bright and the colors sucked! I searched out the real Optiquest Q9 drivers and installed them in Xp. On the reboot the Optiplex came right in at its native resolution setting and looked great.
                                    Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

I downloaded all the necessary software, files and drivers from the Sony website. Everything that I can get my hands on has been installed.
                                      Find Nedry!

Comment

Working...
                                      X