Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sceptre X22WG-1080p monitor not staying backlit, Please Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sceptre X22WG-1080p monitor not staying backlit, Please Help!

Originally posted by YZNHMR View Post
    " If all worked at the same brightness you probably have a problem in the inverter; specifically in the monitoring circuit."

if this is the case, then what is the next step?
    It almost doesn't bear thinking about. There are a couple of dozen components that take the signals from each CCFL, combine them, and feed them to the inverter controller. We have to try to identify which CCFL is causing the problem, then compare signals at various points to isolate the suspect components.

Note that my original post was written nearly a year ago. In that time we have discovered that one or more bad CCFLs are a very common cause of 'two seconds to black'.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

"
      what is the next step?
      The quickest and easiest way would be to substitute a panel with known good CCFLs.You just need to hook up the bulbs, If that is not possible try substituting 2 good CCFLs at a time in all the combinations possible.
      As long as the connectors are the same, I have used a panel from a 15” monitor and have had very good results
      Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Probably best to junk it, and buy a new one then?
        or can the CCFL's be replaced for a reasonable price?

Comment

Probably best to junk it, and buy a new one then?
          or can the CCFL's be replaced for a reasonable price?
          If you're going to junk it send it my way.
          You really need to figure out what is causing the 2 second to black problem; it could be as simple of repairing a solder connection on one of the CCFLs.
          Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

OK, I'm back with a new problem. My sceptre originally was a 2 seconds to black and finally found I had a bad ccfl - Anyway, I put it all back together and fired it up and... worked except the colors on the screen were all washed out. There is no color saturation, looks like the brightness was pushed up 200% and the type on the screen is out of focus and hard to read. Hard to take a picture showing it because it looks like I was using a flash. I was sick of this monitor and put it in the basement. I decided to fix this or throw it out.

Thing is I have been all over this monitor, the power/logic bd and I replaced the ccfl. My worry is that it has something to do with the one leg on the ic I pulled up and then re-soldered. I re-seated the cable connections hoping it could just be one pin not connecting...

so, again I am here asking for any help or direction

I put some screen test colors on the monitor and it appears to me that the problem is with the black, which is grey. The other colors Cyan, Magenta and Yellow are bright and vivid
            Attached Files
            Last edited by trex66; 01-06-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

For anyone trying to help me, the pin I'm worried about is the #16 pin from the BIT3193 it is the MODSEL output "to set the output polarity of the low frequency PWM controller" does anyone think this could be my problem?

Comment

Originally posted by trex66 View Post
                For anyone trying to help me, the pin I'm worried about is the #16 pin from the BIT3193 it is the MODSEL output "to set the output polarity of the low frequency PWM controller" does anyone think this could be my problem?
                That solder pad for 16 looks nonexistent.
                Trace pin 16 and solder pad to the next component and see if it's getting continuity if not you will have bridge it.

Comment

Yes, I wanted do that today, I have to find a good magnifier and see where the trace goes. It's been a while but I must have checked it when I re-soldered it... I will post when I am able to test it.

OK, checked the pin and it has continuity to, looks like J1 next to it. Phisicaly it looks good but I'm not sure if I could have damaged it when I unsoldered it and then soldered it back down - I know some components are more sensitive to heat than others.

I don't know what else to look for on here...
                  Last edited by trex66; 01-06-2012, 05:35 PM.

Comment

try soldering it again perhaps you got a cold joint.

Comment

Hi, I know this is an old issue, but I am having the same problem. Does anyone know where I can purchase an inverter board for the Sceptre X22WG-1080P?

Comment

Working...
                      X