Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245BW

I believe it's fine to post links here. Anyway a 5W resistor in that spot isn't going to get too hot but 70C is a low operation temp for a power resistor so you did good.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

okay my monitor displays real quick then goes black. i can see my computer and the OSD real quick then it goes black and the blue light stays on. i got it torn down and i dont see any bulging caps or melted resistors. what can i check next/

Comment

Originally posted by antok86 View Post
        okay my monitor displays real quick then goes black. i can see my computer and the OSD real quick then it goes black and the blue light stays on. i got it torn down and i dont see any bulging caps or melted resistors. what can i check next/
        i took RB805, RB806, & RB807 out to measure and they all read at about 68 ohm

Comment

Post pictures of the power supply / inverter board, or list the brands and series of the caps. The most likely cause of the problem is bad caps. I know you don't think any are bulging, but I've heard that story before.

The next suspect is the CCFLs. A broken wire, broken tube, or bad transformer will do it too.

PlainBill
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Comment

Oh, Farkle!! I forgot to mention 'Do not post inline'. Retiredcaps will kill me.

I need a picture of the left 1/3 of the inverter, please. And as high resolution as possible. I really need to see the detail of at least two transformers and the board above and below them. Do not post it inline, attach it using 'Manage Attachments'.

PlainBill
              For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

it wont let me edit! =(

Comment

it wont let me edit! =(
                  I know. People were editing posts to change suggestions, etc. so Topcat put a 10 minute limit on editing.

ANYWAY, I got my head out of the nether regions and realized the very first post in the thread has adequate pictures of the inverter. I know you can take better, but that isn't necessary unless my instructions are too confusing.

Most boards have an orientation. In the case of the inverter, I call the edge with the connector to the power supply as 'down', the edge with the connectors to the CCFLs as 'up'. Conveniently, most of the printing is oriented in that direction.

When the board is oriented that way, T1 is located at the upper left, T12 at the upper right. I don't see any clear indication of numbering for the transformer pins, so I will arbitrarily say that the pin in the upper right corner of each transformer is pin 1. (Notice that pin is actually two pins soldered to the same pad.) That pad is connected to the CCFL connector. Pin 2 will be on the bottom right, and numbering continues clockwise. Pin 9 is another double pin and is at the upper left.

Pins 5&6 and 7&8 are obviously the ends of the primary winding. Pins 3&4 apparently do not connect to anything. Set your DMM on the 2K ohm scale and measure the resistance between pin 1 and pin 2 of T1. I would expect something in the 1000 ohm range. If it appears to be open, try between pins 1 and 3, 1 and 4, and 1 and 9. If you don't get any reading, increase to the 10K ohm range. If still no luck, try T2.

IF I was right about pins 1 & 2, measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2 of each transformer, and report the results. The readings should match to within 3%.

PlainBill

Comment

similar problem here with a 245bw for now no 24v no 5.3v rb805 reads open i'm digging in it for now to find something else burned qm802 reads good.

Comment

fixed i replaced all the 68ohms resistor by new ones everythings fine now thanks alot

Comment

Code:
                        Thanks bill I'll try to follow your instructions when I get home

Can I use 68ohm 1/5 watt resistor?

Comment

Code:
                          Thanks bill I'll try to follow your instructions when I get home

Can I use 68ohm 1/5 watt resistor?
                          @##%#$%@!!! Different problem!!! You have 'Two Seconds to black'. They have a dead 24V supply.

PlainBill

Comment

i know...but i took out my resistors to measure and i dont know if i can put the original resistors back in. And i can get 68 ohm 1/2 watt locally

Comment

Well, the originals were 1 watt as the other members described. And they burned. What do you think will happen to 1/2 watt ones?
                              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.

Comment

Originally posted by plainbill View Post
                                i know. People were editing posts to change suggestions, etc. So topcat put a 10 minute limit on editing.

Anyway, i got my head out of the nether regions and realized the very first post in the thread has adequate pictures of the inverter. I know you can take better, but that isn't necessary unless my instructions are too confusing.

Most boards have an orientation. In the case of the inverter, i call the edge with the connector to the power supply as 'down', the edge with the connectors to the ccfls as 'up'. Conveniently, most of the printing is oriented in that direction.

When the board is oriented that way, t1 is located at the upper left, t12 at the upper right. I don't see any clear indication of numbering for the transformer pins, so i will arbitrarily say that the pin in the upper right corner of each transformer is pin 1. (notice that pin is actually two pins soldered to the same pad.) that pad is connected to the ccfl connector. Pin 2 will be on the bottom right, and numbering continues clockwise. Pin 9 is another double pin and is at the upper left.

Pins 5&6 and 7&8 are obviously the ends of the primary winding. Pins 3&4 apparently do not connect to anything. Set your dmm on the 2k ohm scale and measure the resistance between pin 1 and pin 2 of t1. I would expect something in the 1000 ohm range. If it appears to be open, try between pins 1 and 3, 1 and 4, and 1 and 9. If you don't get any reading, increase to the 10k ohm range. If still no luck, try t2.

If i was right about pins 1 & 2, measure the resistance between pins 1 and 2 of each transformer, and report the results. The readings should match to within 3%.

Plainbill
                                readings from 2k setting
                                t1- 1191
                                t2- 1185
                                t3- 1178
                                t4- 1195
                                t5- 1189
                                t6- 1190
                                t7- 1181
                                t8- 1181
                                t9- 1191
                                t10- 1187
                                t11- 1180
                                t12- 1181
                                Last edited by antok86; 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM.

Comment

i noticed this...not sure what it is or if something was supposed to be there. monitor was never opened
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by antok86; 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

It looks like a pot covered with goop. Manufacturers frequently do that.

Comment

readings from 2k setting
                                      t1- 1191
                                      t2- 1185
                                      t3- 1178
                                      t4- 1195
                                      t5- 1189
                                      t6- 1190
                                      t7- 1181
                                      t8- 1181
                                      t9- 1191
                                      t10- 1187
                                      t11- 1180
                                      t12- 1181
                                      The numbers indicate the transformers are probably not shorted.

What brand (and value) are the 4 yellow caps on the inverter?

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
                                        The numbers indicate the transformers are probably not shorted.

What brand (and value) are the 4 yellow caps on the inverter?

PlainBill
                                        says "SAM YOUNG" 220uf 35V

Comment

says "SAM YOUNG" 220uf 35V
                                          Replacing those are the next step. From Digikey P12411-ND Panasonic EEU-FM1V221 would be my suggestion.

PlainBill

Comment

Working...
                                          X