No announcement yet.

Gateway Model LP1925 2 seconds to black image is visible with a flashlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gateway Model LP1925 2 seconds to black image is visible with a flashlight

Well after a few hours and some more work like I said I had noticed one bulb flickered when touched. So I went with the assumption that something could be wrong in that area. checked to connections they came apart. There was not enough wire to re solder the connection. Soo i opted to chance it by cutting out a section of the wire and replacing it. After some more testing and adjusting the brightness and setting themes differently it would not shut down. However this is were I ran into my next quandary. I noticed that if the two bulbs from the same set were plugged into the the two ports closest to them (like the should be) the lamps went out....but if you take one lamp wire from top and one from bottom and switch them the monitor stays on at least that is how it seems for now. My gut says it is a problem in the bulbs. But what I am going to do for now is it seems to be staying on. So I am going to run it for several hours and try and force an issue with. Some times when I work on cars the only thing you can do is wait for it to break and then back track the problem to see the cause.. So I am applying the same logic here. cross my fingers and see what happens

Comment

just thought I would update a few things here had to take the monitor back apart...not because of electrical issues but because...fumble fingers me did not make sure to keep finger prints off the back of the screen and the light deflector peaces.....sigh so all apart again to clean and go back together. soo just a side note gloves are a godsend for reassembly and probably wouldnt hurt for dis assembly....lol oh well live and learn

Comment

Sounds like you are almost home free. Excellent!
        I'll share a similar story so you realize you are not the only one that got contamination between the diffusion plastic sheets. It was a 24" LCD and I even ordered the bulbs, which is rare for me. Everything went really smoothly, or so I thought at the time. Unfortunately I have a big dog, with thick hair and somehow a hair lodged between the plastic pieces. I noticed it when I first fired it up. I kept telling myself, "just ignore it, it's not a big deal". But for some reason my focus kept turning to that hair. I finally couldn't take it anymore, and ripped it apart and took out that hair!
        I like Rtech's suggestion for the future that you simply pull the thick plastic away enough to seperate the ccfl. Top and bottom. One side at a time. But you never totally separate all of the plastic and diffusion sheets.

Comment

Hi, i've read all the posts here but the last many are too difficult to translate for me, anyway making a test set with common cfl light bulbs may be long to do, i think the problem of the or. poster are all or part of the lamps, i think the quicker way is to dismount the lamps from the panel, inspection and if you find one or more of them with a darkened end order the same number of ccfl.. in the only monitor i had with an equal problem (in my case after 5-10 min. it started to flicker a bit then go off) there was 1 of 2 of the couple at the top and 1 of 2 in the bottom with darkened ends, replaced them (2) the monitor stayed on very long until end of test (ie fixed), if you want you tell me the label (sorry, unable to translate well this word) of the bigger ic under the board and post an entire photo of the under side and i try to help you to modify the protecion level of the inverter so ccfl will last longer (yes you can also not replace ccfl for now)..
          Last edited by Davi.p; 12-13-2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Fate it seems is a cruel mistress.....I will post a picture later....after final cleaning and reassembly had a few small issues that were not right had to go back into the monitor. it was upon reassembly number 5,985 or 5,986 that my head way hit a brick wall. I grabbed my mini tweasers to hold the ribbon cable to insert it back into the connection on the board on the base of the monitor and the darn clip/connector on the board itself came undone...with almost no pressure just tink...and it was inside the plastic case to which i had to carefully open back up to get this out and inspect what had occurred. since there was solder on the edge i attempted to set it back on and reconnect it (note it appeared it was only soldered on the ends were it met teh bare board not the actual connections (I could be mistaken) so that was were i soldered) I will post pictures as soon as I can. but if I have to go soldering the actual connectors on these micro pins....lol i forsee an sol moment. Any ideas? Recommendations.....

Comment

Working...
            X