Hp Compaq nc6230

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hp Compaq nc6230

Actually I've never seen Norwegian beer abroad. I'm sure you can find it in some places, like the "Norwegian" holiday/pensioners resorts in Spain or in pubs/bars/shops that carry a very good selection of beer, but in general distribution I've never seen it. Norway is a (very) high cost land, and competing with a product like beer abroad is somewhat difficult. Especially when we have to compete with what we call fruit beer (= beer with additives).

Yes, the NC-series lapptops are very nice. Just take care to remove the accumulated dust between the fan and the heat sink once a year, so the processor gets proper cooling. You can find the service manual her.

Anyway, good luck with your brewing!
    ------------
    Be a mensch

Comment

Just one more question on the nc Lappy. What do you think the resolution, as well as the colors should be set at? I don't think that I have it set right at the moment.
      "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
      Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
      John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
      Rod Serling

Comment

As far as the beer goes we have a local but large shop that takes great pride in offering world beers.
        "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so."
        Mark Twain

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."
        John Paul Jones

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.
        Rod Serling

Comment

should be 1024x768 bit. (at 32bit).
          you can use any resolution below that suits your eyes, of course.

at my hometown we have a 'beer fair' each year with thousands of different beers from all around the world.
          you can get hammered and feel multicultural at the same time.... nice.
          you can also earn a 'beer diploma' there... all you have to do is drink 12 (or 15???) different kinds in 3 hours or so.
          i can't remember the fine print. or how it ended.
          "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Comment

Actually, the manual I linked to says there are two panels delivered; SXGA with 1400x1050 native resolution and XGA with 1280x800 native resolution, both with 16,8 million colours. Usually the maximum on the adjustment slider is the native resolution on a LCD-panel.

You can use a lower resolution than the native, but that can often result in a loss of sharpness in on-screen text.
            ------------
            Be a mensch

Comment

I know I could get that beer diploma but I'd be hammered! Then again we are talking beers from around the world here. I think our "Bud" that we call beer the people of Austria would give to their children. Its not very strong. I wonder what Air Fare costs from BWI to "Anyplace" Austria? How long would it take to get a Passport. Am I on the "No Fly" List?
              Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Ok this Lappy is still making me somewhat mental. Under Win Xp Pro in system for monitors it has the following entries. Default Monitor, Default Monitor, Generic Television, Plug and Play Monitor. None of these entries seem to relate directly to my LCD display. When I use Everest I get the following entries. Monitor Name: Plup and play monitor NoDB, Monitor ID: SEC3043, Manufacturer: LTN141XB-LO2. Why doesn't windows show my LCD at all, and Everest does?? When I look up the LTN141 number online it comes back as being a Samsung XGA display with a max resolution of 1024X768. This is also the max resolution that windows shows me in monitor properties. Am I still missing a driver or something here???
                Mark Twain

John Paul Jones

Rod Serling

Comment

Normally with a LCD-monitor a computer just install it as a Plug and Play monitor. Your laptop has three monitor output; the internal LCD, TV-out and any external monitor.. The default monitor, is the monitor you are using as standard monitor of the three possibilities. Ie. your your default monitor will relate to the Plug and Play monitor when nothing else is connected to the laptop.

I didn't think when I posted my last post, just took copy/paste from service manual. XGA shall be 1024x768, so the service manual looks faulty in stating XGA as 1280x800, and you got the correct resolution. Sorry.
                  ------------
                  Be a mensch

Comment

Hp Compaq nc6000 BIOS DUMP
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X