X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I am a inactive (not retired/not former/Once a Marine Always A Marine) US Marine who got out back in1991 after Desert Shield / Storm. This is a picture of me outside one of the public restrooms on a Beach in Kuwait... the who place was stacked with ordinance. They assumed we were going to do a beach assault.

I am not a electrical engineer but that doesn't stop me from trying to fix stuff.

Comment

How long until we can post a new thread? I'm wondering if there is a way to reset a monitors "default settings" when you can't power on the monitor. Similar to being able to clear cmos on a motherboard. The monitor in question is a HF289H. It was working in HDMI mode but the screen was displaying outside of the frame(too wide). So I adjusted the menu to PC instead of HDMI. And, now it won't power up. I was hoping to get the board back into HDMI mode like it was when it was working (even though it didn't have a power light than neither)

Comment

Hi,
        I'm Robbi from Suwanee, GA. I have an old Olevia 537-B12 TV. It works fine except that the audio won't work until after the TV power switch has been on for about 15-20 minutes. I purchased a capacitor repair kit for this TV on Amazon, and now I've disassembled the unit and looked at the power supply, but I don't see any obviously bad capacitors. Any thoughts on what the culprit might be?

Thanks,
        RobbiClemson

Comment

Hello, I'm daviddrf and it's a pleasure for me be with you. Thank you and sorry for my bad English .

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
            And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast
            853 pages now and counting

Google let me here after searching some information about my television..

Now I need to create a thread, so saying hello..

Primary in a computer networking but been getting into soldering to further hack some devices

Fixing this TV doesn't seem 'out there' any more.

Comment

hello, im a savvy guy no technition by any means but i love fixing electronics

Comment

Hi,
                New hobbyist here.
                Trying to fix some TVs and found some solutions on this forum.

Comment

Hello world,
                  My name is not important, I am a hardware repair technician and looking for a reliable source of motherboard schematics (Cellphone, laptop, etc.) and this has seemed to be a reliable place to find them. I appreciate any help obtaining them aswell as if there is a good source for micro soldering components (Capacitors and stuff), Both are greatly appreciated.

Live long and prosper Internet!

Comment

Hey guys

Comment

Hi every one, I am prpockets, I have read and later joined bad caps forum to learn about electronics and in so doing hope to repair my monitor, I am from orange county, california

Comment

Hello all, my name is Richard, and I am an amateur at this tech stuff. I have replaced bad caps on a few LCD TVs successfully, and am always looking to learn more.

Currently I am working on a 60" and a 50" Vizio Plasma TV. I have questions, and I found this forum.

Comment

Hello, mi name is Miguel, I am beginner in try to repair electronic, I use to work in telecomunication system many years ago, I have some knobledges about electronic and I want to learn to repair son electronic devise like tv. I am sure that I am going to fine a lot of people can help me in this forum.

Comment

Hello, my name is Miguel, I am amateur in fix epectronic devise and I am trying ro find information for repair a lcd tv

Comment

Hey Everyone!
                              I work in the Navy so we'll stick with SuperPenguin27 for my name. I have a little experience with tvs/computers and even more with older tech that doesn't apply here, kinda why I sought help.
                              Already, I think I know what's wrong with my original issue and now I hope to help someone else.

Comment

Hello, fixing tvs is my hobby...

Comment

Hello ,

My name s Hakan ,
                                  I m 35

Comment

Hi my name is neurotek, i've been in the motherboard repair and chip level repair for some month

Greetings from belgium ;-)

Comment

I'm glad I found this website. I've already found very useful information on how to fix a television. When I was a kid/teenager I used to take everything apart and read all the electronics books in our small town library. Maybe it's time I get back into it and learn how to fix stuff instead of always buying something new. Cheers!

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi there,
                                          My name is Allen, been in electronic repair (mostly TV) since 72. Age is 65 and getting a little old for this. Thought I would give you a try and see what you were about.

Comment

Working...
                                          X