This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey, I'm Clint, from Asheville, North Carolina. I've been searching for a fix for my LG Flatron M4715CG power supply issue. I stumbled across this wonderful gem (badcaps.net) through a google search. Looking forward to learning about this device!

Comment

Hi new guy from Texas.....

Comment

New member from Charlotte, NC. I have been successful at repairing a 47" Vizio with bad caps on an inverter board, and also fixing bad caps on a Hisense 55" TV. I'm here to try to find some advice on a Proscan 37LC30S60.

Comment

Im Brandon, from Arizona. Thats all you need to know.

Comment

I'm a retired physics teacher and retired consumer electronics store owner. I sold and serviced the component stereos of 1970's through 1980's like Marantz, Sony, Kenwood, etc. Now I just try to keep things working at home and found this forum regarding the bad caps in flat screen TVs. I hope to get updated on the new circuits and components in the digital world. Thanks for giving advice to help others.

Comment

Hello

Comment

I'm a retired Submarine ET been doing electronics since I was a kid started with computers in the keypunch card days and moved along with the times started networking with lantastic to Novell to windows platforms Dabbled in Linux/unix, dos, etc Joined to get some info on repairing plasma and LCD TV and monitors. Thanks for allowing me in

Comment

Hello everyone i am new member here and i want to learn

Thanks

Comment

Hi all! Figure I will get this bit done! Came on here to find out the info I needed to track down the component that's not working on my sons laptop! So far so good! Looking forward to finding other quality info and hopefully be able to supply some myself :-)

Comment

hello everyone ,its nice to meet you all and keep up with the good work ...

Comment

Hi I joined few months back now and learning along the way -awesome site keep it up.

Comment

Hi everyone. New guy from Stowe, VT. Having color problems with my LG 42LH30 LCD TV. I don't want to get rid of it, nor do I want to spend more $$ on repairs than it's worth.

Comment

Started with a Commodore 64 in about 1983. I've spent a small fortune since on updating. I still use an old Pentium III based PC for device programming.
                            Current projects, un-bricking an Acer One D260A and a Lenovo G500.

Comment

Hi All
                              Im Steve from England just read a lot of posts good info, i'v got a problem with my
                              LG 60PZ250 was woking fine till a few day ago its like the screen is holding ghost images
                              untill it warms up then its ok, it colour sparkles and changes like a rainbow, also its
                              as if raw RF is being picked up, any idears help

Comment

Hi, my name is Jason and I'm from Simcoe, Ontario Canada.

I've been plagued by a samsung plasma tv that has gone black with audio only. I have spent countless hrs reading different peoples posts and have come to realize the tv I thought I had researched is just as bad as the rest. I will post a new thread once I have full access with a more detail list of my problems and hopefully one of you more educated users on tv repairs can shed some light for me.

Look forward to chatting with you all

Comment

Hello all, I'm Brian from New Jersey. I've had a few LCD monitors with bad caps stop working and was able to salvage them because of helpful forums like this one. Glad to be here and looking forward to browse through the abundance of knowledge on the site.

Comment

Hello and thanks for having such an informative forum. I have a background in computer repair since the early 80s. Presently I am in the process of repairing a Digital Research WT322 LCD TV with the Starmen TOM202cabb power supply. That task ultimately led me to this forum. Looking forward to completing this adventure and contributing to the forum.

Comment

Hello, I'm from just north of the Sacramento area. I have a Vizio 55" TV - Model E552VLE turns on then off. I have no TV warranty on it (too bad). I am here seeking how I can repair it or find someone in Sacramento to repair it. I also have an interest in finding out how to repairing flat panel computer monitors. I have been very impressed with the vast amount of information on this forum!

Comment

Hi guys,

My name is Cris and I'm mechanical design engineer at Fugro in the UK. I have finished the uni in 2004 after 5 year in mechanics, cranes, winches and lifting machineries and 2 years of master degree in business management.
                                        My hobbies are sports, mechanics and electronics so I want to learn more things about electronics and I also need advices and help to fix my PSU.

Best regards
                                        Cris

Comment

Hi. Found this site very helpful in the past so thought I'd join, been meaning to for ages. Work with TVs . Can do basic repair, hoping to learn more.

Comment

Working...
                                          X