Re: OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

Originally posted by llonen View Post
    Do you have an oscilloscope
    Nope.. Just a little hand held meter...

Comment

UPDATE

I got a replacement ONE CONNECT box...

I now get a good solid backlight when I power up the TV...

Nothing in the way of picture or display, but a good bright backlight..

I am leaning towards the TCON being the problem as mentioned by budwich... .....

Comment

As for the picture problem, I would lean more towards the FRC board...the board above the T-Con.
        Part number is BN94-06621A. ShopJimmy shows 5 or 6 subs also. It can be found online for about 50.
        If that does fix the picture problem, the tv will come up with a picture showing you that you need to connect the box to the tv with the cable...(when you start the tv with no box connected)
        The new one connect box may not work even if you get the picture problem cured. If it's not an original working F9000 box it may just come up with the smart tv logo and freeze there.
        The set has to do an update to prepare for the new box and save all settings with a working original F9000 one connect box before an upgrade box like the SEK-2500 or SEK-3500 can be used.
        I have the UN65F9000 an am going through this myself.
        Last edited by f67bird; 07-08-2017, 06:05 PM. Reason: added info
        Learner

Comment

Submitting the UA55F9000 service manual which is the European version of your set. It may be named UN55F900 though...along with the fast track for the UN55F9000 to Toms manuals in the tv repair reference library section.
          Not sure how long it will take to go thru and be viewable there.
          Last edited by f67bird; 07-08-2017, 05:49 PM.
          Learner

Comment

Originally posted by f67bird View Post
            Submitting the UA55F9000 service manual which is the European version of your set. It may be named UN55F900 though...along with the fast track for the UN55F9000 to Toms manuals in the tv repair reference library section.
            Not sure how long it will take to go thru and be viewable there.
            Thanx F67.....

Yea, I fiddled with the TCON connections and made sure they were firm and good connections..

Then the white screen with the yellow/green/blue stuff came back....

I have ordered a replacement FRC board.. Should be here Tue or Wed... I am going to set the unit aside... When I try to get "creative" I tend to do more harm then good..

Comment

Originally posted by Michale32086 View Post
              Nope.. Just a little hand held meter...
              What happened to the Rigol? Also, you never responded to my last email, I thought you'd dropped off the earth!
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
                What happened to the Rigol? Also, you never responded to my last email, I thought you'd dropped off the earth!
                Unfortunately, it was a choice between keeping the Rigol and paying the mortgage...

Wife made me see the logic of her position.. :^/

Yea, went thru a couple of changes and upheavals at the time.. Still reverberating today...

How ya been??? Is there a Tesla parked in yer garage!???

Comment

Tough choices. If it came down to the Rigol or foreclosure... Hmm. Can I live in the box?

No Tesla yet, but I've got the next best thing: a worn out two-litre diesel Peugeot 206, about 12 years old and 110k miles.

Well, by "best" I mean...it still moves, and drives, which is kind of the primary purpose of a car, but the air con is dead, the coolant leaks, the engine management computer is unhappy, and it has the power of an asthmatic kitten riding a hamster.
                  Last edited by tom66; 07-09-2017, 03:26 PM.
                  Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                  For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Tough choices. If it came down to the Rigol or foreclosure... Hmm. Can I live in the box?
                    Well, *I* could.. Not sure about my lovely wife...

"Can we do it in 5 minutes??"
                    "Well... *I* can..."

-SPIN CITY

No Tesla yet, but I've got the next best thing: a worn out two-litre diesel Peugeot 206, about 12 years old and 110k miles.

Well, by "best" I mean...it still moves, and drives, which is kind of the primary purpose of a car, but the air con is dead, the coolant leaks, the engine management computer is unhappy, and it has the power of an asthmatic kitten riding a hamster.
                    In other words... Yer livin' the dream!!!

Comment

Well, FRC board came... And my hopes and dreams went..

Still got the white screen with the Green/Blue/Yellow gobbledygook...

My next step is to replace the TCON board. And, at $100 we're getting into some real money...

Of course, if it fixes the problem, it's money well spent..

Big BIG word, 'if'

Comment

wish you all the luck. My thinking is that the "thing" is getting the info to display (picture) of the "please connect" but is unable to "time" the output. Hopefully, its a tcon problem.... :-) with the latest cards / OC, please try the "disconnect / connect test" (ie. one of the tcon to panel cables and see what the result is.... this might point to problems elsewhere... before you spend money on the tcon.
                        Last edited by budwich; 07-13-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

WORST DAY EVER....

Got a nice 65" RCA LED in.. Upon power up, I see a quick flash of the LEDs.. If I am lucky, it's a blown cap on the power PCB... If I am not lucky, it's a bad LED strip....

I am not lucky....

OK Break it down to the bare LEDs and replace a LED strip.. No biggie.. I can do this.. I just did a 50" LED on Sat.... LGs.... FAMOUS for it...

Break it down.. Find a compatible (with a little re-wiring) LED strip...

YES!!!!! (see pic)

Feeling pretty good about things... Put it all back together... 6" Black Strip down the side.. Turns out I tore one of the tabs that are bonded to the display panel..

Oh well, life goes on... THAT ^^^^ leads to this \/\/\/\/\/

Got the TCON in for the UN55.... install it..

Same problem.. White screen.. Blue/Green/Yellow gobbledygook... with and without the OC box...

Fiddle with the TCON connectors to the display panel..

NOW all I get is the backlights on... 'Bout ready to hulk out on this unit when I notice something that might mean something...

With the top connector unplugged from the Driver board (see other pic), the backlights come on in 2 seconds...

With the top connector from the Driver board is plugged in the Driver board, there is a quick faint flash at 2 secs and then the backlights come on about 30+ secs later..

Not sure what it means, but it's something I can point to...

And THAT has been my morning so far..
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry for the late message, but you have a bad main board on the F9000 tv. I have a customer who sent in one of these main boards for repair, and it has the same failure as yours. He stated he has a second one with the exact same failure he is sending in as well once he receives this one back, so this is not to uncommon.
                            You will need to either get it serviced, or get a new one.

Comment

If your TV is working properly you will get an image stating that you need to connect the One Connect.
                              You may have a bad LCD panel.
                              You can unhook one ribbon connector at a time, from the TCon, and see if you get video from the connected area of the screen.
                              Re-install the ribbon cable an try the next one, and so on.
                              The common issue with the UN55F900 and UN65F9000 is that the TV will reboot when the One Connect is connected.
                              This is caused by a faulty chip on the motherboard.
                              There is a repair service listed on eBay for $225 that solves that issue.
                              Would really like to know what chip he is replacing.

Comment

Thanx for the updates, guys.. Still have this puppy sitting.. Hope to get back to it when work load permits.. I get about 20+ TVs in every week so it keeps me busy...

Comment

Samtone,

We have received many main boards with cycling issues, however we have had several already come in without any failures, but instead with a failed one connect. Both the main board and the one connect can cause these cycling problems. I have listed in a different thread the differences in the ways the TV cycles in order to know if it is the main board or the one connect causing the cycling issue. Our repair service however will probably include a request for customers to send in both for repair just in case so we can service both as preventative repair. (This concerns cycling problems only)

Comment

I have a Samsung 65" UN65F9000 tv, and I also have the white screen problem with pixelated cyan/yellow/magenta near top and bottom of screen. I am pretty sure the TV can be turned on and off with the remote so some very basic "power" functionality remains.

I do NOT get any type of clear picture with any messages or Samsung logo whether the TV has "One Connect" device connected or not.

Does anyone know what issue on the mainboard seems to be causing this problem? I suspect mainboard because I have same issue as Michale32086 and he has already proved it is not the FRC board and TCONN board.

I look forward to any further information anyone can provide.

Comment

Yea, I still have this tucked away hoping to make some time to work it.. I am a one man operation here and, with a dozen or more TVs weekly, it's hard to make time for past projects, even one as awesome as this one.. I appreciate all the input from everyone.. Hopefully one of us gets lucky....

Comment

Does anyone have the service manual for this TV? I visited toms-service-manuals.com to search for it as another user indicated they uploaded it but it's not there...

Thanks in advance

Comment

HI, i think this complex device needs more diagnostics before to buy a new part, ususally a new style Samsung smart tv makes some sound at power up if i remember (a jingle or melody... here is difficult to buy a defective smart tv with integer screen so i'm not sure), at least you might hear the sound of a tv channel or of the source connected to the Con.Box, if you had a bad video circuitry (TCON, FRC)... so i think the first board one had to buy was the mainboard, now if you want to save some money, with some luck, you can try to search for a programmed Flash eeprom (parallel) and swap it by soldering if you are able. bye.

Comment

Working...
                                          X