ASUS TP500L No backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS TP500L No backlight

I was replacing the glass LCD on a ASUS TP500 when the backlight went. I can still see a faint image by shining a flashlight on the screen and the HDMI works for mirroring the display. While looking at the mother board I found what's in the picture. Is this a fuse or resistor? I get fluctuating numbers when I measure it which is why I'm not sure.

Also does anyone know where any other fuses are located on this board? Model number on the board says TP500LN Rev 2.0.
    Attached Files

Re: ASUS TP500L No backlight

Identification is printed on the board R Plus a number is a resistor

Comment

That's what I was hoping to see, but (as in the picture) it isn't labeled. Or is it and I'm missing it? That is a resistor correct? So I can't just bridge it to test?I've also attached a shot of the opposite side of the mother board, the parts in question are directly below the video connector.
      Attached Files

Comment

Usually A SMD resistor has a number on top with a resistor calculator you can determine the ohms rating
        I use resistor calculator app on my phone.
        Last edited by 1supertech; 08-23-2017, 09:21 AM.

Comment

So can I assume its a fuse then? When I measure it I don't get an open like a traditional failed fuse, but the meter also jumps around and never settles on a small range ( I don't have a small set of probes either, just standard size).

Comment

That's an smd capacitor, just remove it, use sodding iron with LED to cover the surface and you're good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Udemzy View Post
              That's an smd capacitor, just remove it, use sodding iron with LED to cover the surface and you're good to go.
              Just any SMD LED to bridge the connection? Can I just bridge it with solder?

Comment

Originally posted by Udemzy View Post
                Actually are you referring to the black component with a hole in it or the brown one?

Comment

Working...
                X