HP Pavilion 15-253sl (DA0U93MB6D0) - 19,5V in AD_LINE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavilion 15-253sl (DA0U93MB6D0) - 19,5V in AD_LINE

Hi, my first post here. I need help please.

They brought me the faulty laptop as the title, and I decided to replace the whole motherboard.
    But the new one doesn't work as well. The led on the jack has lighten up for a couple of seconds, then no more.

Because the owner didn't brought me his power supply, I'm using an universal power supply Trust mod.19138.

Later, I noticed the trust, with the tip that fits, gives +19,5V on the 3rd pin (the so called smart pin or ID_PIN).
    I checked the trust tip (labeled "AG") with a multimeter, and indeed there is continuity between positive and smart pin.

I checked the lenovo tip, it has an ID_PIN as well, and there is a resistor (about 200Ohm to ground), and indeed it works fine in my lenovo laptop.
    I checked another HP larger tip, and it has a resistor as well.
    The HP small tip (labeled "AG", 4,5 x 3.0) has 19,5 straight on the ID_PIN.
    There are other tips with 3rd pin, some have resistor, others are connected to positive, and others have ID_PIN floating, WTF???

Do you think it is a design error? Can it damage motherboards?
    Do you think it's my fault because I didn't check before using it?
    I've made a mod on the tip putting a resistor of about 230KOhm, and I got a RT8223P that heats up, but no power led comes on.

Now I'm trying to get an original HP power supply, but I'm afraid I burned something in the motherboard.

I thought that overloading the AD_ID line, the only thing that could be burned is the IT8528E, but why I got the RT8223P overheating?

The platform is the Quanta U93, but its schematics is unavailable, so I'm using the Quanta U92 as it's similar.

Using the "bad" tip, the D8 and R344 were overheating.
    +3VPCU is present.
    However I've checked them, and they are still good.
    Even a dual-mosfet (2N7002DW) was overheating near the accelerometer sensor.

Now using the modded tip (with resistor), they don't heat-up, but the RT8223P is overheating.

Any thought?

Any chance that the replacing motherboard maybe was already faulty? No eh?

PS: I hope my english is good enough, I'm still learning.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by doomdylan; 08-23-2017, 11:05 AM.

Re: HP Pavilion 15-253sl (DA0U93MB6D0) - 19,5V in AD_LINE

Either your sio ITE is bad or Rt8223 is bad. But will be wiser if you check all the coils resistance to ground. Very likely 3V coil is short to ground.

Comment

Yes, thanks for the answer, I've seen it late, a notification issue
      That stupid Trust PSU fried the motherboard! (the old and the new one!!)
      I replaced the ITE 8528E and now it runs, but adding a resistor to the AD_ID line of the PSU tip!

That damn power supply has caused me a lot of troubles!
      Last edited by doomdylan; 10-13-2017, 06:32 PM.

Comment

It also happen to me, but after replacing the mainboard fix the problem. after 3 months it came back again and the same issue again, ad_id resistor R336 burn out and overheating

Comment

Working...
        X