Help with Onkyo TX-NR646

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Onkyo TX-NR646

Ya I put the board back in and plugged into mains and got the standby light and then got a normal start after turning it on.

The ic is a Toshiba TC7WBL3305CFK which is some sort of Digital Bus Switch ic. Any idea what common electronic device I might find one of these in ?

Comment

No not really, it would probably have hdmi with Consumer Electronic Control, and then other makes probably do it differently with different parts
      Last edited by R_J; 08-03-2017, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Hmmm... I have a few junk tv mainboards which may have that feature. Like you say they may have a different hardware implementation but worth a look. Thanks

Comment

Found one but wouldn't substitute as per the data sheet. Ordered a couple from Digikey.

Comment

I tested the receiver with speakers and there was no sound. So I hooked up a tv to it and there was no video either !

Do you think the missing CEC function creates a "broken link" in the HDMI output stream which would explain what I'm seeing here ?

Comment

I would'nt think so, but I guess anything is possible, It should only be there to route the remote control signal so you can control the receiver with the tv remote. Are you using hdmi input or rca to test it. Try doing a reset on the receiver
              check if you disconected anything during troubleshooting
              It seems a bit odd that the cec chip went bad, Its posible what ever took it out (hdmi source) did other damage
              Last edited by R_J; 08-04-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I looked up the hdmi pinout and CEC is on its own pin so not likely to be causing no sound/no pic.

Will double check my reinstallation but don't believe I missed anything.

Using hdmi to a tv to test for pic/menu but nada. Sound source was Tuner. Headphones work fine. Did several resets - no change.

Your probably right about other damage. I have a scope but not real familar with it. Will check for waveforms as listed in the SM at least for starters.

Comment

You say the headphones work fine, they get the audio from front left & right amp outputs but before RL6600 relay, so the relay is not getting switched in for the speakers to work
                  SPRFK (relay switching) is controlled by the micro, HPDET (headphone detect) is controlled by the micro, I guess you could see if there is a firmware update?? but things seem to lead back to that hdmi board
                  Last edited by R_J; 08-05-2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Did an update this morning but no change. Seems like something simple - at least something common to video as well as audio, unless those problems happen to be separate of course.

Will have a closer look at the schematic and RL6600. I think there is a debug that can be run on it but some of those commands either are not written correctly in the SM or they have changed their implementation.

Comment

Well this puts me in the running for Imbecile of the Year.

I had the speakers hooked into Zone2

LMFAO!

Audio works

Comment

I replaced the Toshiba ic and no change. Will have a look at the voltages at the hdmi switch ic.

Comment

You have sound, but no video?

Comment

If the tv is cec compatable the tv should see the amp when it is connected via the hdmi cable. Since that ic was shorted I don't think it was the only part damaged.

Comment

It did recognize my Sony tv and switch to the TV input. However it did not see a sat receiver on the Aux hdmi input. Didn't try the other inputs - I will try the others as according to the SM there are two separate hdmi switches.

Comment

Originally posted by tibimakai View Post
                                You have sound, but no video?
                                The radio outputs to the speakers but is Analog, no ? I think the digital section is dead.

Comment

I have just worked on a Pioneer, which had one of the HDMI ICs shorted(surge/lightning victim?!). After replacing it, I had sound on all of the HDMIs, but I still had no video.

Comment

I can't say for sure atm but I think I have no more shorts but I may be still missing a critical voltage or two. Was the shorted IC heating up much ?

Comment

There are a bunch of regulators on the hdmi board on page 53 of the manual, on page 54 there is Q8300 & q8307, check the supplies like +5SBVCC, 3.3DVDD & +1.3AVDD and on page 55 Q8034 supplies 1.1VHD (777_VDD11)
                                      Q8000 requires 1.1 (777_VDD11) and 3.3 (777_VDD33)
                                      Last edited by R_J; 08-11-2017, 09:14 AM.

Comment

感謝您

Comment

Working...
                                        X