Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LITEON PS1211 power supply

hello. have this PS from cisco switch.

it have V+/400V/, but dont have VCC, VG and VS. can someone lead me to repair?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ktmmotocross; 07-31-2017, 08:54 AM.

Re: LITEON PS1211 power supply

Check R310, R318 and C306,You need at least +8 volts vcc for ic300 or you could have a faulty ic300
    Last edited by R_J; 07-31-2017, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Also check C308, the 10uF, 50V small electrolytic cap. If it's bad, IC300, the 3845B PWM IC, cannot start up. If it's bad, use a Nichicon PW, Nippon Chemi-Con LXZ, or Panasonic FC series part. C308 is stressed some.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

hello.
        Thanks for advices.

i have 8V on 7pin of IC300, but no voltage on any other pin

Comment

IC300 pin 8 is zero volts? It's the 5V Reference for the IC. IC300 may be bad, or C301 may be bad. Do you have a really low resistance from IC300-8 to IC300-5?
          PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
          To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

8 volts is at the low end (cutoff) I believe it should have a bit more voltage to start up. I would think it should be at least 10 volts when first powerd on. I might also check D304, R311 and ZD301 That part of the circuit keeps the ic running
            I also think the ic300 could be bad
            Attached Files
            Last edited by R_J; 08-02-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

now i have 2 of them in the same condition, but the second have 10V Vcc, Vref ok,

Comment

what voltages must be on this chip so it must work?

Comment

If ypu have 0 volts on Vref, either the ic is defective or a component is shorted that is connected to pin 8. Did you check fet Q102, zd102,zd103 and R116? if R116 is open, q102 is bad. ZD103 needs to be checked out of circuit if R116 is good
                  Check R311, zd301 and d304 they supply the run voltage when the circuit is working.
                  Also check that D203 is not shorted on the +12VCS
                  Last edited by R_J; 12-25-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

the secondone is miraccly started to working. i measure ic300 and first not working have 0.7V Vref and VCC 8.5V
                    Second have VCC 10V and Vref 5V

interchanged ic300 but nothing changed so ic300 is good
                    resistance between gnd and VCC is on working board about 15kohm and not working 13kohm

Comment

If the second one had been not working and suddenly started, I'd look for bad solder joints on the primary side. That assumes that R310, R318, and C308 are good - if either resistor is open or C308 has gone high ESR the 3845B, IC300, will not start up.
                      PeteS in CA

Comment

do u think i can lower one of the feeding resistor to bring vcc higher?

Comment

i measure resistance to ground on all pins of ic300 and it is nearly identical

Comment

i mean compared to good one board

even IC051 and ic101 have same pin resistance to ground on bad and working board
                            Last edited by ktmmotocross; 12-30-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

i think that come caps is bad. can anyone lead me what caps to check?

Comment

now the revived PSU died again and i notice that VCC falls from 10 to 8.5 and Vref goes to 0.8V as the bad PSU. So i think that main problem is very low VCC to start ic.

what component can be behind that voltage lowering?

every component i measure was in tolerance

Comment

Do you still have pfc boost voltage +V400 volts?

Comment

where i can find "pfc boost voltage"?

+V is 415V

Comment

i try tip from youtube, where guy trying to find capacitor that were little bad with hot air

so i heat some of them with hotair gun and u know what? when i heat one of them i have good output voltage :-)

VCC also rise up to cca 10V

it was C902 - 4,7uF so i check it and have this reading:
                                      4,4uF, ESR-2,3ohm, Vloss-1,3%

i replace it and PSU now work

as i see there are some same capacitors, so i replace them all
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by ktmmotocross; 01-16-2019, 12:03 PM.

Comment

IM REALLY GETTING SICK OF THIS SHIT

replaced all small caps, but still after some time/hour or little more/ the PSU failed to start

as i said earlier after little heat from hotair station/which was a tip from youtube for finding failing caps/ in one location the PSU start

What can be bad?
                                        Attached Files
                                        Last edited by ktmmotocross; 02-02-2019, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X