Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is fish finder transducer power calculated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is fish finder transducer power calculated?

I find this baffling, but the rated transducer power for a fish finder is higher than its rated DC input, for example the JRC FF30 has a 30W draw at the 12V input (including transducer) but has a 1600W (peak to peak)/200W (RMS) transducer output rating .
    As far as I know, the transducer is connected directly to that particular fish finder unit.
    So how is the transducer power output calculated?
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: How is fish finder transducer power calculated?

Peak power. There are laboratory lasers available today with peak power in terawatts, usually for nanoseconds. However, the actual power consumption of the laser is only a kilowatt or so. (Still insanely high! Cooling is essential.)

For comparison, it is estimated that the electrical power consumed on Earth as a whole is about 15 terawatts.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Re: How is fish finder transducer power calculated?

In relation to peak power, it involves a certain (very low) duty cycle - it is different for each manufacturer (and even user settings) and transducer.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Working...
      X