X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
    I already saw the pictures. I just needed you to clarify.

In this image:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/mmr604.jpg

along the bottom of the display you have some flex connectors and metal plates with two screws on them. You need to remove the screws and connector, then reseat the connector and screw it back down. You only need to do the faulty one; locating it can be done by estimating the general area the fault is in.
    οκ in the pic below

which flex connectors do you mean seires 1 or series 2 according to the numbering in photo? maybe its a combination of both vertical and horizontal connectors?

Comment

Series 1 only.
      Remember, TV power MUST be off whenever you change any of these connectors.
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thank you busy student for your tech info... i would have them in mind. For now i just cleaned u pthe tv with a blower and no problem 2 days now. if this happens again i will reset all connectors its a time because the tv is out of guarantee so i wont mind destroy it.

Comment

hi,new member here. have a lg moel 50pk540 . screen is all red but if I press menu button menu comes up ,rest of screen stays red .replaced logic board ,new board gave us a different set of symptoms.sent it back for warranty second replacement gives us no picture at all just a white dark glow . am I in the right track ?

Comment

Originally posted by evergren View Post
            hi,new member here. have a lg moel 50pk540 . screen is all red but if I press menu button menu comes up ,rest of screen stays red .replaced logic board ,new board gave us a different set of symptoms.sent it back for warranty second replacement gives us no picture at all just a white dark glow . am I in the right track ?
            I'd suggest both your boards are bad, can you try with original?
            Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
            For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

hi tom66 , thanks for the quick reply. as I said original gives us the red screen.does the logic board cause this problem? or could it be a different board?

Comment

Well, I'm not certain about your problem, but the very fact that the control board is changing the symptom should be a clue that those boards are faulty.

Comment

that is what I think too . I will try it one more time .will let you know what happens. thanks

Comment

Hey Tom,
                    I have a conundrum. I think this could use it's own thread, but I can't do that yet :p
                    I came into the possession of a Philips 53 inch (50PFP5332D7/32) plasma screen. The guy said it needed a $125 part, but after all the posts on here about the capacitors, I opened up the back of mine and, sure enough, the caps were popped on the power supply.
                    At this point I have replaced all the capacitors that were bad on the power supply, and a few extras for good measure. As a newbie at soldering, it took me awhile, but I didn't smear it onto the other circuits or soldering lines.
                    With all of the new capacitors on it now, the relays still click about once per second, so I figured it just needed time to charge up, but after 10 minutes or more, the relays were still clicking.
                    At this point I looked elsewhere on the other boards to find anything else. I see a possibly blown cap on one of the other boards, but I am wondering if there is perhaps something else wrong on the power supply as it won't even stop the relays. Could it be a blown fuse?
                    Thanks in advance.
                    Sincerely,
                    Derek

Comment

I recommend you follow the steps in this topic about isolating the Y-main (Y-sustain) and X-main (Z-sustain)

Comment

Unplugged the Ysus, kept the Zsus. Unplugged the Zsus, kept the Ysus. Still got the relay clicks.

Comment

You may have main board fault.
                          See https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...61&postcount=2

Comment

I checked the Control Board, but how do I check the main board?

Comment

Did the test patterns appear?

Comment

No, the light just stays blue and the relays continue to click away very consistently.

Comment

OK, can you get hold of some 100 to 470 ohm (any value between 100 ohm and 470 ohm is possible) resistors easily? You will need two.

Comment

I could probably order some online. Do you think it's a power board fault still or the main board?

Comment

I am thinking main board or power supply right now with equal probability, I just need you to use the resistors to try and isolate it to one board or another. You could probably buy the resistors from somewhere like radioshack or online on digikey/ebay/etc.

Comment

I have Lg plasma 50pc3dh tv that has no pic but has sound the screen blinks and jumps but never comes on I replaced 9 caps on the main board same thing when I disconnect the ysus & the zsus it does nothing I am disconnecting them separately?

Comment

Originally posted by Sjahnsen View Post
                                          I have Lg plasma 50pc3dh tv that has no pic but has sound the screen blinks and jumps but never comes on I replaced 9 caps on the main board same thing when I disconnect the ysus & the zsus it does nothing I am disconnecting them separately?
                                          Your Y-buffer and Y-sus are bad-- common fault.

Comment

Working...
                                          X