Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

talk to me about BGA rework inspection stations

Here's my story:

I repair credit card terminals and I started playing around with upgrading the memory on a couple boards. I had never dealt with BGA chips before, so I was lost when I found that the chips I need to replace are BGA.

Now I've done enough research to know what they are. I'm not sure on how the equipment works though. I know I need the endoscope vs xray. I know I don't need anything huge since the boards I work on are small (4" x 9"). But what do I need to be looking for?

I already have an IR station and a hot air station. Can I just use those and and purchase a scope? Would an all in one station be better? How much better? What about for reballing? I want to keep the size and cost down until I'm sure this will be used a ton.I'm ok doing extra work to keep the price and size down but I need the work to be right.

Thanks!

Re: talk to me about BGA rework inspection stations

thanks for the spam but I need some real help please

Comment

Nice one he was kinda advertising his business I believe that this is against badcaps rules.

I had a look into this a few months ago, I am unsure on the ebay ones if they are cheap.
      They had 53 stencils and a bga chip vice.

Comment

Originally posted by Amraks View Post
        Nice one he was kinda advertising his business I believe that this is against badcaps rules.
        It is indeed. The offending post was removed.
        I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
          It is indeed. The offending post was removed.
          Thanks

I should have updated this thread anyways. I ended up sticking with my X-Tronic 5040 station for now but we did order the BGA300 inspection scope from SMT Tools. We also got the upgraded .5mm prism, software and reballing kit. That should be coming in this week. I've ran through a couple tests using the 5040 and it should do the job. I can keep the heat levels consistent to within +/-5 C.

I'm really excited to do a live run on this. Its going to be pretty interesting.

Comment

Working...
          X