Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fluke 87 going south?!

Originally posted by Aikiotto View Post
    as for my old 87 i managed to clean the contacts on the rotary switch with pure alcohol and didnt exhibit the issue for a couple days , then its back to misbehaving.
    If misbehaving means the battery is dead, then I suggest you use your 87V to measure the current drain when the 87 when it is off.

I'll post pictures later, but this is an easy test to do to see if your Fluke 87 is consuming battery when it is supposed to be off.

I used my Fluke 27 to measure the current consumption of my Fluke 83III. For most ranges, the Fluke 83III consumed roughly 0.840 ma. With the backlight on, it jumped to 25ma. When turned completely off, the Fluke 83III consumed 0.0ma (as expected).

Once the new baby arrives i hope you guys can help me check its calibration , an issue retiredcaps just got me thinking about lol.
    I have now purchased several used Flukes from various parts of the world in various conditions. All of them are within 1 millivolt of each other when measuring DC voltage. I have also purchased non Flukes and all 4 of them were well off (one was 1% off) wrt to DC voltage.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Here is a pic show the current draw.

Dave Jones at eevblog.com also did a review of the Fluke 87V where he showed the current draw at around 1.2ma for most ranges. He also shows the current draw at sleep mode, 34 microamps, and off (0).

http://www.eevblog.com/2009/05/24/ee...imeter-review/

So do the test and post your results.
      Attached Files
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

For those looking to get the Fluke 44/100 fuses cheap please go to
        a web site by the name testpath.com.
        cleaning the zebra strips with contact cleaner works everytime in order to get the display working and no longer looks faded .

Comment

Once the new baby arrives i hope you guys can help me check its calibration , an issue retiredcaps just got me thinking about lol.
          Any update on this? The suspense is killing me!
          --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by tech1956 View Post
            cleaning the zebra strips with contact cleaner works everytime in order to get the display working and no longer looks faded .
            Thanks for the tips.
            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by tech1956 View Post
              In addition to domestic orders (the United States and its territories), TestPath accepts international orders for all products except those branded as Fluke or Tektronix.

Well the international orders other than the above limitation it would also have to pay an additionally 10$ per order.

Divide and conquer !!

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                Any update on this? The suspense is killing me!
                Lol actually yes , It should be arriving this week , stay tuned for updates .

Comment

It should be arriving this week , stay tuned for updates .
                  A few regulars, including myself, are getting annoyed when we put in a lot of effort to help people and then never hear back.

4 months later, we still have not heard any updates?
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                  X