This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A guide to fixing/troubleshooting some common plasma TV problems

Should be fine, only thing to be aware of is make sure alternate PSU is from 60" set (or used in one) and can drive the big panel (most likely it will be fine.)
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

it is out of a 60" nec px-60xm5a. i only have $40 in the tv so i dont want to be out too much money. So youre pretty sure it will work right?

Comment

I offer no guarantees, but most likely it will work.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by tom66 View Post
          Will be under that board.
          Hi Tom, trying to get back to fixing this TV but just don't see where a board is under another board as you indicated. All the boards on my TV are affixed to the main chassis and the connectors go through the bottom of the and are screwed to this bottom. Removing the screws that hold the individual panel to the chassis does not allow them to be removed. I would have to remove the screws that also hold the connectors, problem is I don't know which board I am to remove and don't want to start pulling parts without some guidance. I realize this is basic, to some, but I have no clue. Removing screws and parts is not a problem, just need to know what I am after. I appreciate the help. I will post some more pics here for you to look at. Again, thanks. I hate to throw this TV away when I think it can be repaired. It's a challenge. Of course my wife thinks I'm nuts.

Forum will only allow one pic upload per post for some reason so I will have to make multiple posts.

All pics are described as you are looking at TV from back. First pic is left side.
          Attached Files
          Trying to fix my: LG Model no. RU42PZ61

Comment

Second pic is right side.
            Attached Files

Comment

Third pic is lower left corner. Some small board.
              Attached Files

Comment

Last pic is upper left. Another small board to the left if the large board on the left.
                Attached Files

Comment

And last pic is the bottom showing the connectors all screwed to the bottom of frame.
                  Attached Files

Comment

And one more from left side showing that there does not appear to be anything under any of these boards unless it is very thin. Next pic will show hoe board on left is slightly higher than right board so if anything was under there it must be thin.
                    Attached Files

Comment

If there is anything under this board, how do I get this thing off? The wires are tight, the connectors are all screwed to lower frame? Are we positive here?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Tom66, begging for some help here. The TV is laying where the Xmas tree needs to go and I really want to get that panel pulled before it has to be moved for fear that it may never see the light of day, haha. But serious. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Tom,

I have a Samsung PN58A550S1FXZA and a single skinny line has appeared in the bottom right that goes about halfway up the screen. The line is usually green but sometimes is not green or not present based on the background. The green line is most noticeable on blue and red backgrounds. I attached a photo

I have confirmed it is present in multiple inputs and have tried unplugging the tv and then plugging it back in.

I am a competent DIYer and would love any advice on what could need fixed or is wrong.

Thanks in advance,
                          Chris
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Clinderw; 12-07-2013, 10:26 PM.

Comment

@Clinderw bad plasma panel, unrepairable, sorry.

@Merbesfield there's a reason I don't like people posting here, completely missed your post, the control board is under the last photo in that sequence.

Comment

Hi I have a 42 inch nec plasma and it turns on but the screen doesn't power up. This was an intermittent issue at first but now seems permanent?

Comment

hello, i have just replaced the power supply in my pioneer pdp6070pu and now the blue light blinks 13 times. i have looked into this and it says its the main assy or power supply. i know i have to reset it but the manual say to turn the tv guide feature off and nowhere does it tell me how to. any help on this?

Comment

THIS THREAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GUIDE -REALLY IT SHOULD BE A STICKY
                                  ANYONE NOT YET GETTING A REPLY SHOULD OPEN THEIR OWN THREAD OR
                                  ATTACH TO A THREAD FOR THE SAME SET. - THANKS

NO ONE ELSE POST HERE - PLEASE
                                  Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Agreed. Thread locked for now. I also moved those last few posts on the Vizio P50HDTV10A to their own thread.
                                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Working...
                                    X