Monitor Has Taken on a Life of its Own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monitor Has Taken on a Life of its Own

Here is a video of my monitor going crazy. Can someone tell me what is going on here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPZhQv-3MI

One

Re: Monitor Has Taken on a Life of its Onw

Disconnect the button board and see if it still does it.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

What is the *button board*.......?

Comment

the circuit board with all the buttons for the OSD menu and stuff..

Comment

Yes, disconnect from button board while on, and wait and watch.

Some of button boards have leaky button switch, but some of them I have seen happen that static protection component (looks like capacitor and actually another SMD capacitor in parallel) but made to channel anything higher than 3-5V to ground on the button board to go leaky. Best solution replace, not try to measure.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

Oh ok. I think I understand what this is. I'm pretty sure I can't do this alone and am in the boonies without anyone to help IRL. Is there a video somewhere on how to do this? Can someone please just list the process in a 1,2,3 kind of way? Very much obliged.

One

Comment

Some view of the internals here, Please do not do whatever he does on the video.

Tip, take a few digital photos of the internals when you have taken it apart, it will help you putting it together in the right order.

Comment

How do I open the monitor? There are 2 small screws on the back bottom and that's it. I turned the whole thing around and around and no other screws are anywhere and those 2 screws unscrewed do not open the case.

Comment

(dumb post here, my bad) please mod delete (if possible)

thx

peace.
                  Last edited by MXM; 02-17-2011, 09:11 AM.
                  We don't have a great war in our generation, or a great depression, but we do, we have a great war of the spirit. We have a great revolution against the culture. The great depression is our lives. We have a spiritual depression.

Comment

It's held in place with plastic clips. Use a credit card like object (don't use an actual CC, you will damage it), jam it inside the case in the area where the screws were. Then slide it across the frame and the clips will unhook. I use an expired SIM card for this purpose.

Of course you can also use a screwdriver, but using a plastic object will not leave any marks and will make it look like it's never been tampered with.
                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Well, nothing has worked - so I just made a video as a last plea - hopefully there'll be someone on the planet who can walk me through this and open the panel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTwFvb9T8zg

One

Comment

Did you try Th3_uN1Qu3 tips ?

The lcd is not going to dismantle itself just by removing the 2 screws you removed, you will have to force the two parts apart.

Comment

here is a phillips 190b6 service manual, it's similiar to yours.

http://www.aplusperfect.com/articles...pacitor_repair

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                            Did you try Th3_uN1Qu3 tips ?

The lcd is not going to dismantle itself just by removing the 2 screws you removed, you will have to force the two parts apart.
                            I know - I just couldn't get to the hidden screws under that flap. I don't want to start prying anything till I know that either those screws have nothing to do with holding the screen together or that I don't need to deal with them, in which case, I'll start the prying.

Comment

Looking....checking..........

Comment

Oops! the pdf was too big. Here is were you get.
                                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...149c139919.pdf

Comment

CMJ21973 - Thanks for posting this - although it seems that modifications were made with my model. Much obliged for the effort. Maybe there's a 190S manual lying around somewhere on the nets. ~*~

Comment

Comment

I found a 1902s8 service manual, but I can't upload here. If you want it send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cmj21973 View Post
                                        I found a 1902s8 service manual, but I can't upload here. If you want it send me an e-mail and I'll send it to you.
                                        Thanks very much - yes I'll email you if you give me your email address

Comment

Working...
                                        X