10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

I have the dreaded 10 blinks coming from my plasma tv. Read the technical manual that they have posted online and came to conclusion that it could be a bad "A" board. Cause I measure the voltage at connector P7 pin 1 and get 4.97v and pin 5 3.1v, but nothing from pin 7. (looking at power up operation for this information)

From the looks of it. I need 3.2 volts to turn on the power cpu. So it could turn on the relay. Since I don't hear it. Also to supply 14.6v to the IC (5606,5608,5610) that are not receiving anything.

I think this might be the reason why im getting 10 blinks.

Also getting nothing at connector P2 and P11 just more info.

Re: 10 blink Panasonic TC-42px24

Something else to try. disconnect power cables P2, P11, P35, and white ribbons A31,A32,A21.

Turn it on and see if it turns on with no Blink codes. If it does the the A should be ok and you can also measure the PSU outputs.

Manual mentions A,SN,SS and P boards as possible SOS 10. I know this model blows SS boards.

Don't reconnect those power cables straight away, check for residual voltage as you they will arc and you may spike the boards or panel from residual current.

Comment

Ok getting 191.5v at VSUS at P2 and P11 connectors and getting no blinks. What next should I do. Thanks for the help. Really appreciate it

Comment

Good question, connect everything up but leave SS3 and SS11 at the SS disconnected.

Turn on and see if 10 blink

Comment

Alternatively you could check resistance across the 2 pins at SS11 and SN2. disconnect the leads and obviously with it off. looking for shorts

If they're not shorted you'll have to check the P5V and P15V lines at the SN (SN20)and P5V at SS (SS23) and see if they are short.
          Last edited by tw2005; 07-29-2013, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
            Good question, connect everything up but leave SS3 and SS11 at the SS disconnected.

Turn on and see if 10 blink
            No 10 blinks. Steady led light all the time with the SS11 and SS3 disconnected

Comment

Alternatively you could check resistance across the 2 pins at SS11 and SN2. disconnect the leads and obviously with it off. looking for shorts

If they're not shorted you'll have to check the P5V and P15V lines at the SN (SN20)and P5V at SS (SS23) and see if they are short.
              Please explain how to do that. Sorry

Comment

set the multimeter to resistance in Mohms range and measure across the pins on the SS and SN at those connection points SS11 and SN2.

I'm a little surprised you got no SOS but not getting SOS10 suggests the SS could be the problem. Was the little green LED at the top of the SN board brightly lit which confirms the SN is running?
                Last edited by tw2005; 07-30-2013, 03:09 AM.

Comment

I don't know if you've seen this. It's the model before but similar layout on the HD models. I've got the same setup as yours on one I'm working on, had shorted SS on the Vsus line and then also bad A-board.

The 10 blink flow chart at leasts gets you to check for shorted Vsus and other points.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1372477292

Comment

My tv is a 2010 forgot to put that

Comment

Originally posted by jesselyons2002 View Post
                      My tv is a 2010 forgot to put that
                      yep, I'm aware. Your px24 is essentally the same as my X20A (2010 model)
                      and although that training manual is for 2009, if you imagine the SC,SD,SU all built into one board (SN) then the design you see in the 42" HD model diagrams and the flow charts should still be able to be applied to the 2010 for the 10 blink.

Comment

I got this manual from the internet

Comment

yeah it's following a similar process except there is an interconnection between the SN and SS on the HD models. The guide is focussed on the FHD version.
                          So starting the TV like we did with the SS isolated and having no 10 blink suggests SS which is why we should either look at that board first for shorted Vsus or the SN.

It's safer to check for shorts rather than powering up the TV with a known fault. We know the PSU and A should be ok.

That leaves us with the SN, SS or maybe C1,C2 boards but I'd leave the C boards alone at this stage.
                          Last edited by tw2005; 07-31-2013, 05:43 AM.

Comment

Also I forgot, but at connector SS11, there's P15V, So measure Vsus pin1-gnd resistance, P15V pin4 -gnd , pin3 is gnd, there's no pin2.

At connector SS23 resistance, pin1 P5V - gnd, pin6 is gnd.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by tw2005; 07-31-2013, 06:22 AM.

Comment

try this:
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjpGKaBt8hg

Comment

Originally posted by SmokGun View Post
                                Sorry, completely not applicable to this model. We have already ruled out the PSU. That only applies I believe to the certain 2008-09 Models.
                                Last edited by tw2005; 07-31-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Also I forgot, but at connector SS11, there's P15V, So measure Vsus pin1-gnd resistance, P15V pin4 -gnd , pin3 is gnd, there's no pin2.

At connector SS23 resistance, pin1 P5V - gnd, pin6 is gnd.
                                  SS11
                                  Vsus pin1-gnd= 000.2ohm
                                  P15V pin4 -gnd= 3.00 M ohms give or take

SS23
                                  pin1 P5V - gnd= 3.00 M ohms give or take

The tv wasn't plugged in either

Comment

Well definitely bad SS with shorted Vsus line. You'll probably find all of these transistors shorted Q021,022,Q001,002 - RJP30E4

Would also pay to check the SN too, but if you say it powered up with the SN connected both at SN2 and the ribbon SN20 connected, and the TV was on and the onboard green LED remained brightly lit, that tells me no short on the Vsus, P5V,P15V and no SOS triggers being sent back to the A board.

Is that what happened?

Going by this fault finding post #28, it says TV would not turn on with just the SN connected?

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...RJP30E4&page=2

I've circled the LED on the TNPA5066 photo.

Something else I better double check, when you measured the Vsus resistance as shorted on the SS board, was the power cable from the PSU p11, to SS11 disconnected? If not retest with it off it case the short is on the SN Vsus. I should have been clearer on that.
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by tw2005; 08-01-2013, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Ok just want to make sure. Now it doesn't blink anymore. Everything connected
                                      But don't hear relays and power led is lite all the time. Also no screen isn't turning on.
                                      Last edited by jesselyons2002; 08-02-2013, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Everything connected? All boards? SN, SS and all connectors? A dead short (Vsus) on the PSU could cause it not to start at all and shutdown before it can produce a SOS blink.

We should keep this simple. We need to confirm 2 things.

1. The vsus short only exists on the SS board, so please confirm if it is showing vsus shorted with the SS board isolated at the SS board connector you previously measured SS11.

2. We need to also check if the SN has been damaged as well which may be tricky so we may have to measure several points of resistance and also maybe for shorted transistors .

My SN was initially ok but after fault finding and turning the set on trying to work it out it shorted one of the transistors on the Energy recovery circuit ( the lead that links the SS & SN)

Are you able to attach some photos using go advanced, manage attachments of how it's all hooked up and what lights there are?
                                        Last edited by tw2005; 08-02-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X