Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung LTM240M2-L01 artifacts: T-con or display?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung LTM240M2-L01 artifacts: T-con or display?

I got Eizo S2431W with artifacts. It has Samsung 24'' LTM240M2-L01 S-PVA panel. I have couple of 24'' TN here so I tried it with one of them, image is OK.

Now the question is if the problem is on the TCon or display itself? I have tried swapping TCon boards but they are not compatible, different signalling for TN and S-PVA.
    Attached Files
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Samsung LTM240M2-L01 artifacts: T-con or display?

It was bad TCon, I got HP LP2465 with the same display (and bad signal board), after replacing it the display is OK.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
      I got Eizo S2431W with artifacts. It has Samsung 24'' LTM240M2-L01 S-PVA panel. I have couple of 24'' TN here so I tried it with one of them, image is OK.
      Have you repaired that Eizo? My monitor started to show similar artifacts... if it's caused by bad t-con, it'll be very good news for me. It's much cheaper that bad LCD panel

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Actually I got also a second one, that one had bad display. The first one only had bad TCon. So you can start with the TCon…other than that I can provide a TN panel or buy the remains and install the panel in it. Still better Eizo with good TN than Eizo with bad S-PVA

That image seems more like bad display, but you can try, TCons are quite cheap from Aliexpress now.

Comment

So, this is not such good news I'd like to hear, but I'll try :\

TN panels are compatible with EIZO S2431W monitor, all I have to do, is buy TN panel and T-con board? What type exactly? New EIZO EV2436 with IPS display costs about 360EUR so I don't know if it's worth of it.

Comment

I tried Samsung panels from 2493HM, that monitor with terrible often unrepairable power board (which I got two). It has same 12 CCFL tubes and LVDS as the S-PVA version.

So try the TCon and if it is not it, I can buy it for some reasonable price, we can manage shipping. There is many people coming from SK here regularly (Strahov colleges in Prague).

There is many monitors with good matrix and LED backlight on the market now, also 2k models so you have plenty to choose from. If you don't exactly need Eizo, there are many consumer-grade IPS for about 100 Eur or better panels under 300.
              Last edited by Behemot; 06-06-2015, 03:22 PM.

Comment

My problem starts as three horizontal lines artifacts, then after few days it started to show six of them, yesterday it surprises me with artifacts I just post here. It gets worse rapidly...

BTW, today I accidentaly blew up SMD fuse on main PCB, labelled F901... don't you know where to find some service manual to find out what type is it?

Comment

Great I'll try and let you know then...

Comment

No way getting service manual for these. Can you read anything on the fuse?
                    Last edited by Behemot; 06-06-2015, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Shame... No, there is literally nothing on it.

Comment

I've just replaced the TCon board I bought on AliExpress and it was a success... monitor is as good as new

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X