Samsung SyncMaster 204T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung SyncMaster 204T

Hey guys I'm having trouble with this one. I received the unit having been repaired by someone else in the past. The current issue is when you apply power to the device the power LED comes on but the back-lights don't and the unit is unresponsive, you can not turn the unit off without cutting the power to it.

The power board has 7 caps: 3x330uf 25v, 1x47uf 50v, 2x820uf 25v, 1x180uf 450v.

When I opened the unit the 3x330uf caps were all swollen and the rest looked fine. I replaced all of the caps except the 180uf 250v on the board with panasonics and nichicons from digikey.

After recapping the same issue applied.

I bought a used board on ebay that was supposed to be working but i knew it wasn't going to be because it was missing the two 880uf 25v caps. I recapped this whole board except the 180uf 250v and the same issue still applies.

Power LED stays lit and power button is unresponsive even if the back-lights are not connected to the power board.

I'm thinking of replacing the controller board but would like some input before ordering one from china.

Thanks
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 204T

Any ideas?

Comment

I wouldn't spring for a controller board until I did some other tests first.

Can you check the voltage output of the power supply?

Are you testing with a known good input from a computer? I've had a few monitoris that would not power off if they didn't have a computer plugged in to them.

Can you test the power switch to make sure it's working?
      36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

I can see that my 2 cents are not timely, but your symptoms are similar to mine. It was the scaler card.

Comment

Working...
        X