HP lp3065 repair or part source.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP lp3065 repair or part source.

I have a lp3065c hp p/n EZ320A which is not turning on. I have already replaced the power supply so I know its not that. I do not get any lights when its plugged in or if I hit the power button. One interesting thing though if I leave a usb thumb drive in the hub then plug it the power i get the drive access light for half a second on the thumb drive.

At this point I am thinking it is the lcd logic board. I have tried in vain to get an official part number from hp but it is not available on part surfer or from their tech support. I did search ebay and google for every number that was on the logic board but no luck. I was only able to find the part on this site http://www.shopjimmy.com/tvs/5057767-7330-vga-input.htm but they are out of stock. Again searching for that part number yields no results.

Does anyone know how to locate the official hp part number for this part or to repair it.

Re: HP lp3065 repair or part source.

Please post some clear focused photos of the power and logic board using the "manage attachments" button. Difficult to suggest tests if we can't see what you're seeing.

Comment

Also, you will need a multimeter to do some troubleshooting on this unit.
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Camera is charging now, I'll post some pics as soon as I can. I do have a multimeter .. its kind of a crappy radio shack one though. There are some suspect soldier joints on logic board howeever i dont see anything that would constitute bad caps.

Comment

Also, please a photo of the inverter board.

Comment

Pictures as requested.
            Attached Files

Comment

On the power board, the lower right hand corner has a legend that says OUTPUT 24V and 16V. These are your secondary voltages.

With respect to ground, measure the DC voltage of each connector pin (be careful not to short out the pins), and report the voltages for each pin.

If all the voltages are 0V DC, then check the DC voltage across the largest capacitor (450V 180uF). Careful, this is high voltage. It should be around 165V DC if you are in North America.
              --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Also, a lot of the larger screens seem to have probems with the inverter. Since the power supply has been replaced, try checking the fuse on the inverter. It's below the power connector and marked 10A/125V. If it's bad, try checking the 4 mosfets in the upper right of the inverter marked QXX (can't read it off the photo) for shorts. They are the 3-legged devices with the middle leg cut off.

Comment

The mosfets tested good. The 24v pins were reading at ~1.3v all others were 0. on the output on the left hand side the 5vsb was reading at ~5v and the 24v was ~1.3. I think the issue is in the logic board.

Comment

Originally posted by KhitSicker View Post
                    on the output on the left hand side the 5vsb was reading at ~5v
                    Okay, getting 5V SB is good.

On the logic board there is a voltage regulator 1084-33 (I301). Verify that you are getting 3.3V DC output.
                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
                      Okay, getting 5V SB is good.

On the logic board there is a voltage regulator 1084-33 (I301). Verify that you are getting 3.3V DC output.
                      Im getting 5.5 out of i301... Guessing that means I have some bad caps on the board?

Comment

Im getting 5.5 out of i301... Guessing that means I have some bad caps on the board?
                        Please list the voltages on all pins of 1084-33.

The datasheet at

http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datashe...-33ZC-TUL.html

says the middle pin is Vout and pin 3 is Vin.

If you are truly getting 5.5V DC on Vout, then the regulator itself should be replaced.
                        --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ah my mistake. Using the middle pin for the black probe I am getting 3.3 from the left one and 1.8 from the right.

Comment

Using the middle pin for the black probe I am getting 3.3 from the left one and 1.8 from the right.
                            I normally use a ground screw for my black probe (for ground). I suggest you do the same.

Use a ground screw on the logic board and retest all 3 pins and repost.
                            --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

left pin was 0. middle was 3.3 and right was 5.3

Comment

left pin was 0. middle was 3.3 and right was 5.3
                                Okay, these readings make more sense and correspond with the datasheet. The voltage regulator is good.

The main Novatek chip looks like it has some left over flux residue. If it is not flux residue, then the chip doesn't look too healthy.
                                --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

It is flux residue. I was told this was refurbished unit.

Comment

Well, other than possibly bad caps, I'm out of ideas. The picture of the logic board, to me, shows 3 *slightly* bulged caps. The 3 are surrounding the voltage regulator.

This could be a lighting or angle of the photo, but you have the best view and can run your fingers along to see if they are bulged or not.

The best test is to use an ESR meter and uF capacitance test to ensure they are within specs. If you have neither, you could take a chance and recap the 6 in that area in hopes of getting lucky?
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

There is another possibility.. the cable going from the button board to the logic board was a bit kinked when I first opened it up. It is possible that needs to be replaced. Is there any way to turn the poer on without that button.

Also like I said inthe first post id be willing to replace the whole board but I am unable to locate an hp part number and the only thing i found was on that link i posted. Does anyone have access to the hp spare part info for this board?

Comment

This illustrates a common problem; it's reached the point where I question even bothering to point it out. You have provided a number of pictures, most of which are nearly useless. There are a number of connectors shown; none of the pictures show the legends in sufficient detail to read them. The picture of the back of the power supply is so dark as to be useless.

One point you did make clear. There are three opto-isolators on the power supply. That means it is a dual supply with two sections - standby and main. We know the standby supply is working - you measured 5V out of it. What we don't know is if the control signal for the main supply is trying to turn it on or not. Without that information, it's pointless to suspect either the signal board or the power supply.

One of the pins on the connector should be labeled PS_ON, Power_ON, or something similar. What is the voltage on that pin?

PlainBill
                                        For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Working...
                                        X