Dell N5110 Not Power ON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell N5110 Not Power ON

What is the reason for this. Sometime it working about 2mins then power off .

Comment

Working time 3v3 and 5v ,but the power down time this TPS51123RGER-GP chip voltage 3v3 is 0.5 volt and 5v is 0.1v this time TPS51123RGER-GP chip is very hot.

Comment

Specify which pins are you talking about. In turned off state the SMPS does not output power, meaning that on pins 24 and 7, there should not be any output. Only outputs which are working are LDO outputs 8 and 17. What is the voltage on these pins at turned off state?

Comment

Originally posted by khaahk View Post
          Specify which pins are you talking about. In turned off state the SMPS does not output power, meaning that on pins 24 and 7, there should not be any output. Only outputs which are working are LDO outputs 8 and 17. What is the voltage on these pins at turned off state?
          TPS51123RGER-GP Pin 8 and 17 VREG3(3D3V_AUX_S5) and VREG5(5V_AUX_S5)
          these two voltage is still there , but pins 24 and 7 voltage is drop.

Comment

At what state 24 and 7 pin there is voltage drop (what is a drop)? Powered on or off?
            Is the TPS hot when turned off?

Comment

At what state 24 and 7 pin there is voltage drop (what is a drop)? Powered on or off?
              Is the TPS hot when turned off?
              Power off mode. In working mode ( In display mode) no hot on TPS chip , immediately off then starts hot on TPS chip.

Comment

So you have got overcurrent on something that works at off state. When powered on does the LAN chip maybe get hot?

Comment

LAN chip working fine there is no heat on LAN chip.

Comment

So you are saying that computer works sometimes for 2 min. fine before shutting down. OS boots and everything? That is strange...
                    Change the TPS51123 then, because it gets some feedback from the 3.3V LDO output itself. If you own a lab PSU then supply 3.3V to LDO output and see how much current it draws, maybe find something is getting hot.

Comment

So you are saying that computer works sometimes for 2 min. fine before shutting down. OS boots and everything? That is strange...
                      Change the TPS51123 then, because it gets some feedback from the 3.3V LDO output itself. If you own a lab PSU then supply 3.3V to LDO output and see how much current it draws, maybe find something is getting hot.
                      Sir please give me the detailed procedure of how to check 3.3v and LDO output.

Comment

Hi Dear all,

I have Dell N5110 that is not power on. No LED Blinks, No Fan Spin. When i plug the adapter to motherboard , ICH is heating too much.
                        Please tel me, where i have to check? with Step by sptep. Please help me on this.

Thank you all.

Comment

Working...
                        X