Inspiron N5050 only starts after cmos battery is shorted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inspiron N5050 only starts after cmos battery is shorted

The crystal measures 60Hz when it should be 32.768Khz. If I disconnect power from the board, remove the cmos, put it back in and reconnect the board the led flashes, goes off and then comes back on steady after about 5 seconds. Is this simply a case of a bad crystal? My cmos battery measures about 3v. Have also tried going into the bios and setting the date and time and letting it run for about 18 hours but when I went to restart it, nothing. Or does this need a bios flash?

Re: Inspiron N5050 only starts after cmos battery is shorted

take out bios chip clean the prints and put it back...............if can not then reflash bios chip

Comment

There's more to this issue than I thought. Along with having to short the cmos battery to start this machine, I just discovered that it won't start with the battery installed. Pull the battery, it starts fine (after shorting the cmos of course). So I decided to try to start the board with just the battery. Shorted the board again blowing both charger bq24707 fets (PU4004 and PU4006). Removed the fets and the short is gone but now I'm stuck waiting on new chips. Is having to short the cmos to start this thing and it not starting with the battery installed related?

Comment

hey guys
        i too have same problem. one thing i had observe that when i plug adaptor. PU4103 STARTS GETTING HEATED. but when i remove processor and cell laptop starts normal.AND NO HEATING OF PU4103. i replaced PU4103 (51123) BUT NO CHANGE. I REFLASED BIOS TOO. now i will change bios chip.

Comment

hey guy after removing cell and processor i inserted only cpu it works perfect. i started operating system too. but after shutdown. again no power.

Comment

Working...
          X