Hanspree HSG1075

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hanspree HSG1075

Yes, it seems really strange given the band is the most obvious thing to line up.
    Most of the caps on this board appear to be Rubycon and Chemicon, really nice capacitors, unlikely to go wrong.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Hi All:

First off, great forum! Nice to see a board where there's such knowledgeable and detailed technical support. So, yesterday I was given one of these DOA to see if I could fix it. I went through the typical diagnostics, looking for any obvious failure points, domed capacitors, etc. Generally, everything looked good. Testing the power supply outputs looked good if possibly a bit low at 5.1 and 11.9 V vs. 5.2 and 12.0, although that could be the cheap meter I'm using out where I was working on this. I also checked the fuse location noted on this thread and it was at about 4.8V both sides, which generally makes sense if it's on the 5V supply and has a bit of drop over the transistor that enables it. So after re-seating all the cables and tapping on a component or two and powering it up, lo and behold, it worked! I closed everything back up and hooked it up to my computer and it worked for 10-15 minutes. After that, I was in the menu playing with the display settings and it ended up hanging and after another minute it started fading back to the white screen. Now it will power on and boot to the HANNSPREE logo and very shortly turn grey/white again. The problem strikes me that the CPU has a problem and then when it hangs it stops refreshing the display. Either that, or there's something in between that stops working after a while. I'm sure that could be anything from a capacitor to a cracked solder joint. Just wondering if this sounds familiar to anyone who could make a suggestion of where to look next. I'm debating using a heat gun to attempt to reflow the CPU and possibly any other components, but that's risky. I figure it would be better to post here and see if anyone has better suggestions before I go make things worse! As the OP indicated, this thing isn't exactly easy to service given the way the main board is mounted, but if there are some suggestions for other test points I should look at, they'd be welcome!

Thanks,

Beo

Comment

Hi All:

I know there's quite a bit of traffic here, and not everyone can follow every post, but thought I'd bump this again to see if anyone had any suggestions for troubleshooting this TV further.

Thanks,

Beo

Comment

Well I'm have a similar problem with my hannspree hsg 1075. "This monitor only displays white when powered on, sound works perfectly fine. No splash logo displays, just bright white. Any direction on which board is bad and needs replaced?"

So far I have Cheeked the tcon board and I have power and the fuse is good. Am I on the right track. is the tcon board at fault?

Comment

Could be the tcon but as you dont actually say what voltage you have ????

Search in this TV forum for Gamma will give you a few more ideas
            Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
            http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Thank you for all your discussions. I have this TV and I was able to fix it because of what was discussed here. So my TV had the bad mosfet at Q2 but instead of crossing the pins off with the wire I went and replaced the mosfet and now the TV works fine.

Comment

I know it's been years, BUT i finally got around to fixing this TV using the help on this thread and the instructions worked like a charm. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Comment

Working...
                X