Toshiba Satellite L300 Power Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Satellite L300 Power Problem

I got toshiba Satellite L300, its working on battery but when i connect charger it turns off. but when i connect it to laptop without doing it on it charges battery. but without battery it doesn't work with charger.
    Silence Like Dreams

Re: Toshiba Satellite L300 Power Problem

Probably a Maxim or TI battery management IC acting up. If it charges, the charging circuit is fine and running off battery means the rest of the laptop is not shorted. The battery management IC controls the logic of switching between battery and AC. Look around the battery connector and see if you can find a small (~ .5") square IC labeled Maxim or TI.

Comment

Thanks for replying i will check that ic later now i got another laptop toshiba satellite A200 these 20M resistor showing Zero Ohm Resistance. laptop is dead not showing power indication, charging light nothing at all.
      Attached Files
      Silence Like Dreams

Comment

Did you remove those to see if they were in fact bad? They look like they've been removed. I've never seen those bad - usually its one of the neighboring mosfets or a shorted cap. If one (or more) of those are bad, they will usually give false reading on other components. The only way to tell for sure is to lift one side of the component and test it that way.

Comment

u can try to resoldering the Maxim IC (48pins) near the vga out line... it work for me before.

Comment

20M on the resistors is in fact 20milliohm... that is likely short
            for the A300:try to make short on the backup battery, for about 2-3 seconds, without power or battery on it, then attach the power plug, it should start.
            Last edited by mihaicozac; 03-14-2011, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mattbrad2 View Post
              Probably a Maxim or TI battery management IC acting up. If it charges, the charging circuit is fine and running off battery means the rest of the laptop is not shorted. The battery management IC controls the logic of switching between battery and AC. Look around the battery connector and see if you can find a small (~ .5") square IC labeled Maxim or TI.
              Now i hv 1 laptop same problem model L300 (pslbcl). Already check for all PQ dan PC. Please help!!
              No Maxim or TI IC on my board. Can u please give the location of the IC. Thanks...

Comment

When resistor go bad, they raise the resistance, not the opposite.

Take a look at this thread:
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8991
                Posts 12 ~ 18.

Comment

where can I buy this smd's here in the philippines? i've been to DEECO but to no avail.pls help.

Comment

Originally posted by incradibles View Post
                    I got toshiba Satellite L300, its working on battery but when i connect charger it turns off. but when i connect it to laptop without doing it on it charges battery. but without battery it doesn't work with charger.

same problem to me

Comment

just a remedy,

boot your laptop using battery, go to device manager. disable the second processor.

laptop will work on charger on

fix from other forum i read
                      replace NEC/TOKIN chip
                      or Core chip regulator

hope this helps

Francis

Comment

i have also toshiba satellite L300 power problem!but i fixed this using 4*330uf capacitor.
                        unfortunately 20minutes later with charger connected condition i am watching a movie then display gone.like ghost image,then its restart.and no display...!i give to heat gpu but no display.but the laptop running well,both charging light and start light is well,what is the next procedure??please help me sir.

Comment

i have also toshiba satellite L300 power problem!but i fixed this using 4*330uf capacitor.
                          unfortunately 20minutes later with charger connected condition i am watching a movie then display gone.like ghost image,then its restart.and no display...!i give to heat gpu but no display.but the laptop running well,both charging light and start light is well,what is the next procedure??please help me sir.

Comment

Comment

Comment

In my case, after replacing NEC/TOKIN chip with "330uf X4 & 220uf X2" its working fine now... thank you every one
                                :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Madhusha View Post
                                  In my case, after replacing NEC/TOKIN chip with "330uf X4 & 220uf X2" its working fine now... thank you every one
                                  Would like some more info on this, if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Madhusha View Post
                                    can i use 4 tatalumic capacitor marked 330?
                                    is that 330uF?

Comment

yes u can use 4x330 tantalum

Comment

Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by incradibles

same problem to me & but RAM remove then when i connect charger colling Fan runing.

Comment

Working...
                                        X