Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shame on you Corsair! (Capxon)

Yeah, that's what I meant...

The mainboard manufacturers did misuse some caps so that even the best quality caps available at that time are doomed. Either due to high ripplecurrent, high temperatures or both...

Comment

On this board I'm pretty sure the blame lies entirely with the caps themselves. It's a well known fact that NCC had problems with that series. They were often used interchangeably with equivalents from Rubycon, Panasonic and Nichicon, and only the ones with NCC KZG and KZJ failed.

But yah, some manufacturers did really stress their caps big time. The Dell SX280 was an example (Prescott CPU in an ultra small form factor case). It was very common to see those with cooked Rubycon and sometimes even Panny caps. About the only way to reliably fix one of those was to poly-mod.
      Last edited by c_hegge; 01-17-2015, 02:24 PM.
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I recapped my cx430 that was in my htpc it has samxon gfs eww, it gets quite warm as well so I wanted them craps out, primary unit is a panasonic so I left it alone. I used rubycon, chemicon, panaonic, smaxon Rs been runnning great for months now....
        Attached Files
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Looks good These definitely need the good caps since the fan doesn't seem to rev up very much even when the load heavily increase. My cousin had one with a Core i3 overclocked to 4.4GHz and an overclocked 4870. I was amazed that the CapXon in there lasted 2 years powering that machine! I gave him a recapped Seasonic, because I didn't want those CapXon taking out his machine. What is yours powering?

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
            Looks good These definitely need the good caps since the fan doesn't seem to rev up very much even when the load heavily increase. My cousin had one with a Core i3 overclocked to 4.4GHz and an overclocked 4870. I was amazed that the CapXon in there lasted 2 years powering that machine! I gave him a recapped Seasonic, because I didn't want those CapXon taking out his machine. What is yours powering?
            Cheers mon, capxon I normally replace on site they are one of the worst caps ever. And corsair using them is just away to make more money on rma when the caps fails and cause the psu not to start lol
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Originally posted by Pentium4 View Post
              All mine is powering is a amd sempron 145, 250gb 2.5" hdd, asus m5a78l motherboard with a gt210 gpu on uses around 233w I think is what I read on the meter I know im loosing out on efficiency but ohh well brough this new for the application so mares well use it.

Comment

Is it 33 W? Cause 233 W is very wrong.
                Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                  Is it 33 W? Cause 233 W is very wrong.
                  The cpu is 30w if thats what you mean, I measured it with my load tester the total watts the pc uses is 233w.

Comment

Than you either have very serious problem, or the PFC is off due to low real load and your meter shows crap. There is no way how this could draw 233 W, that's 186,4 W output with 80 % efficiency. The CPu with graphics take maybe 60 watts, the rest maybe also some 20 W. That's 100 W missing.
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                      Than you either have very serious problem, or the PFC is off due to low real load and your meter shows crap. There is no way how this could draw 233 W, that's 186,4 W output with 80 % efficiency. The CPu with graphics take maybe 60 watts, the rest maybe also some 20 W. That's 100 W missing.
                      I will recheck it when I can get to that pc too many tvs in the way atm to get to it, I hope nothings wrong but thats what I recall tbh I dont think there is.
                      The blue light is the power button on the pc I have no way of retesting it untill he room is clean.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 02-27-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X