Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Just repaired a Viewsonic 2030B, Model VS10772 20" diagonal Manufactured Dec. 2005. that did not power-up. Cracking the shell open is tricky; because the front bezel is hooked to the metal chassis [see pic “clamps”] you need to gently pry the back shell front the bezel by pushing in numerous plastic tags [see pic “shell”] until you can lift the back shell away from the bezel/chassis. Only then can you separate the bezel from the chassis, see pic “chassis'.
    There are four main boards [1] Power Board model EADP-64BF, see pic “pwr” with 120/220VAC input [2] Processing/VGA/DVI board model DALAVPMB011, see pic “cpu” [3] Backlight board model NV20-6009 FVP55106432B with 6 outputs see pic “backlight” [4] USB hub board 1-in to 4-out see pic “usb”

Visual inspection shows [a] on the Power board, see pic “pwr-cap”: a bulged cap LTEC 470mic 16V type LZG105*C. There are some discoloration on the Power board [b] on the Processing/VGA/DVI board, see pic “cpu-caps”: two bulged caps TEAPO 330mic 16V Type SS105*C see pic "cpu-caps".
    I replaced these three caps with 330mic 25V 105*C [Sprague caps from HSC in Sunnyvale] that I had lying around, and the screen is now working. The components close to the discoloration are still functional; I guess they overheated because of the LTEC cap failure.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files

Re: Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Hi,

My monitor will power up for a few seconds and then cut off. Seems like an overcurrent protection circuits kicks in. This persists even after replacing all bulged caps. Any advice on what needs to be further replaced?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Viewsonic 2030B: failed LTEC & TEAPO caps

Originally posted by ymedan View Post
      Hi,

My monitor will power up for a few seconds and then cut off. Seems like an overcurrent protection circuits kicks in. This persists even after replacing all bulged caps. Any advice on what needs to be further replaced?

Thanks
      Hi -double posting in old threads will not help your case- it is a waste of resources and leads to confusion.
      Have you specifically read the thread titled "A guide on how to troubleshoot 2 seconds to black" in these forums.
      Whilst Bad caps can be the cause or contribute to 2secs to black it could be any number of other things. My suggestion would be you start your own thread state your problem, include pictures of your boards front&back. Say what you have tried/tested so far and post the results. Give descriptions of which caps you replaced and what you replaced or had them replaced with. Give some information about yourself -electrical skills and the tools you have access to. A good idea is to read some of the other threads and see what others did.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

Working...
      X