Digihome 50278fhdledcntd smart tv sound no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome 50278fhdledcntd smart tv sound no picture

Got the tv for £40 thinking it would be an easy fix lol (still might be ) there's sound but no backlight I can see the image with a light on the screen I've checked the led backlight bulbs and 1 or 2 don't light up that bright with my multimeter on diode mode so think it could be down to the power board which is a vestel vestel 17ips71 will check in a bit and get some pictures is there a common fault/ easy fix with these power boards?
    Last edited by azza1234; 12-06-2016, 04:24 PM.

Re: Digihome 50278fhdledcntd smart tv sound no picture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uBhca7zyXI

Posting pictures of the back of your tv showing the boards with clear pictures may help you more with fixing your problem
    Last edited by sordids999; 12-06-2016, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Hi I've watched that video and tested the leds like he did and they all light up apart from 1 or 2 which light but are very dull
      Attached Files

Comment

You even tested the Led voltage before tearing the panel down ?
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

No didn't test the voltage maybe should of done first lol

Comment

Yeah lol, what is it ? These are all series driven for VES500UN so it should be about 180v in standby then 220 or higher when on.
            Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

Will check tomorrow evening and let you know

Comment

Ok

Comment

dead led - replace led strip and will fire up

Comment

Left it on all night and this morning it's turnt on do you think this might be a capacitor problem?

Comment

What ? You said you replace a dead Led and it fixed it ?

Comment

No not replaced any leds or anything atm I just left it on all night and this morning it flickered and is now working

Comment

Just noticed I must of scratched the coating on the back of the panel could I fix this? Or is tv scrap?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Well no, just remove that diffuser. Also I would say the connections in the Led strips are failing intermittently.

Comment

Ok but i took the panel off and its the atcual panel thats scratched the black on the back willthis still work?

Comment

Nothing you can do now.

Comment

Probably won't be too noticeable when the LED problem is sorted- care is a MUST when taking out any panel,including dust etc that can get in while apart-the most minimal bits of crap can mean a stripdown-again! ,not one of my favourite jobs to be honest, but a common one.

Comment

Been uskng the tv all day and was fine but not the backlight keeps flickering on and off and going dull then takes a while to come back on do you reckon its the failing leds? I made sure i was very careful with the panel when i took it out so dont know how it scratched although when i brought the tv a few screws were missing from the back so not sure if previous owner had a go at fixing and scratched the screen

Comment

Will it be possible to remove the two dull leds and just bridge them?

Comment

Working...
                                      X