Chinese supplied IGBTs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Chinese supplied IGBTs

I dont think Utsource will care to much, at best you will have your money refunded. My advice wait for RS/ Mouser/Farnell +Digi-Key to restock from Fairchild

Comment

If I get my money back then it's ok. I fixed the tv with original parts from 2 "new" SS boards and I ordered the FGD4536 from a different source. Will see what happens.
      I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

I have a parts tester that comes in a kit. It is pretty acurate with most parts. When I got a few different orders of IBGT's that I found out were fake, I tested them and they just read as a capacitor.around 1250pf.

Comment

have you got a link to the parts tester you have been using thanks.

Comment

This the one I have.
            http://m.ebay.com/itm/M328-DIY-Kit-C...539?nav=SEARCH

Comment

Cool , will order that! Does it read the IGBT's? ( Will it tell if they are fakes or not ).
              I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

It will read as a capacitor between two of the legs.
                If its good it will say something like n. e. mosfet and give a capatiance and a voltage. I think it is the voltage needed to make it switch. It does NOT come with directions on how to build it, but its not too hard. It looks like they make better ones now.

Comment

Got a reply from UT source saying I need to use them. They say they are 100% original ...

Mine all measure 2.7 M Ohm , how do yours measure Flocko/Timmy? Mine are all different batch numbers but I can't remove them with alcohol/aceton.
                  I got a feeling they might be ok but I'm afraid to use them haha.
                  Last edited by Moreno83; 11-28-2016, 01:26 PM.

Comment

They also told TW and myself the same thing about the fake 30F131s they supplied. I was told to test them. But the only real test is to load them on a working board and see if they work.I sent a batch to Toshiba for them to look at, but they would not get involved as Utsource are a clearing house for unwanted components, they said it would be to hard to trace were they were supplied from, just use them or send them back for a refund,as I have said before you can only test them for switching , measuring resistance or capacitance of these components is not a way to test it

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Im not going to try it and ask my money back. Cant afford a damaged SC board.

Comment

Here are some readings from my cheap ass transistor tester.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks , I must wait for that meter to come in. It might not always be correct but it will help.

I ordered FGD453TM from a company in hongkong , they are not on ebay. They provided pictures of the component and they look the real deal..... will wait and see what comes in. Hope they are ok so i can start repairing again.

30F132 instead of 30F132 ....that not a option?

Comment

The tester is thinking it has been presented with a Mosfet not an IGBT this can be seen by the screen showing MOS + G.D.S (gate /drain/ source).being that an IGBT is Mosfet+BJT devise making it a hybrid transistor it is beyond the range of this parts tester.you could build a stand alone IGBT tester, but that again would only test switching (same as using a meter) not under load testing were the fake components let us down.when I have tested any of the fakes they normaly test fine(swithing) as an IGBT should, but will blow under working conditions (load or voltage).

Comment

hi all fgd igbt is cheaper to buy from rs and most of the igbt you get are refurbished or remarked there is lot of fakes you need to know the supplier well and pay bit more you get the right bits

Comment

Refurbished ? how do you do that. is that the put the IGBTs in boiling water trick you post about before on here.RS/Mouser/Farnell +Digi-Key are now all showing stock.

Comment

No no , he means that there are copies out there. Parts that look the same but dont have the same specs ( 30F131/FGD4536 etc ).

I ordered them from HKinventory , got a nice deal. I compared them to the originals and fake ones.

Fake ones --> stamp can be removed with alcohol/aceton.
                                  Originals --> stamp cant be removed.

Mouser does not have them in stock

http://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/F...4VPeT1ImXIXL8t

Comment

Digi-key were showing FGD4536 as 1798 in stock , RS also showing stock how many do you want,Microtechservice (proman) said they were refurbished , I asked how do you refurbish a faulty IGBT ? TW has shit loads of them,I am sure he would love to know a way to refurbish them, and so would I, All TO-252 (D-PAK) parts will look the same diodes/ mosfets/IGBTs ,you can only go by trade mark /layout of printing and part number, if these are not as the original parts, then the chances are there fake.

Comment

Working...
                                    X