Dell 2408WFPb backlight colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2408WFPb backlight colour

I am puzzled, folks. I have two identical Dell 2408WFPb monitors. In both I have replaced some low reading and/or bulging caps. One of them also had 2 out of 7 backlight CCFLs broken. I bought a cracked Samsung LTM240CS05 panel on ebay which may or may not in its previous life have been installed in a Dell and swapped the whole backlight into mine. Here is a picture of the two monitors side by side. Both have been reset to default picture settings first on the monitors themselves, then in the video card's (nVidia Quadro FX 1700 with 2 DVI inputs) control panel. As you can see the left one (with the original Dell backlight panel) has a decidedly cooler hue than the right one (with the donor backlight panel). If I swap the DVI cables at the video card, their respective colours do not trade places, so it is in the monitors themselves, not in the card settings.

Question. Assuming that the second backlight did not come from a Dell monitor, is it possible that Samsung would use CCFLs with different colour temperatures in the panels with exactly the same p/n?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HAHOMETP; 11-16-2014, 02:09 PM.

Re: Dell 2408WFPb backlight colour

I've noticed similar stuff with a couple different Dell 1704 monitors but I've never heard of different backlight temps for the same panel model.

I would try playing around with the colour settings on-screen to see if you can make it look any better. Raising the blue and\or lowering the yellow looks like it might help, probably not perfect.

Checking the voltages going to the backlight would also help to see if the one on the right is getting a lower voltage than it's supposed to have.

Comment

Working...
    X