Samsung 2233RZ backlight - 2secs black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung 2233RZ backlight - 2secs black

Hello, first I want to say thanks to all of you guys, this for is very useful for many people.
    Few days ago I was cleaning my desk and my monitor Samsung 2233RZ fell on the floor while was turned on. Picked it up and saw the blue light was still on so I restarted my PC but the image was showing only for 2seconds, after this will show no image. After reading some topics on this forum I suppose this is a backlight problem because I tested it with a flashlight and I can see the background image on my desktop. I am very very noob at electronics, in fact I don't know anything about it but after a tutorial on youtube I opened it to see if any capacitor is down but none of them are opened. When the image shows I can hear some sound in the center of the monitor but I don't know what that is. My question is, is there any way to fix it? Or, could something break when it fell down?

Re: Samsung 2233RZ backlight - 2secs black

First try to reseat the cables going to the power board.
    Then check the solder joints on the power board, that's the most likely to have failed.
    Otherwise you may have a broken CCFL tube. Try to plug only one CCFL cable at a time to see which one is bad (backlight won't come up with the bad one whereas it will come up for 2 seconds with the good one), plug the cables in the same connector on the power board, then try the other connector too.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Hello piernov, thanks alot for your reply. Few minutes ago I tried what you said with the CCFL cables, seems like one of the two groups is not working. I will attach a photo to show you which one will not work, the one in the white circle is not working and will not turn the light on and the one at the right shows me the image for 2 seconds. How can I solve this or where's the problem?

LE: I turned it on without the case, when I plug in the cables that not work I can hear a sound like "bzz" till the display will go black.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by alpinab6; 08-06-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

This connector doesn't work with either one of the 4 cables? You may have a cold solder joint on the power board then. Take a high resolution picture of the top side and the bottom side of the power board, under the shield.

Comment

More likely one of the tubes smashed.

Comment

Hello again guys, I just tried the connector and it works, I plugged in the other cables from the bottom of the monitor and works. As piernov asked I attached two photos with the board. Can diif be right and those tubes are smashed? When i plug all the cables in I hear some sound inside the display. Thanks guys
            Attached Files

Comment

Ah sorry I misunderstood. So yeah if it is really those two cables that don't work, most likely the tubes are damaged. You'd have to take apart the panel to see for yourself, but it's a pain and it can break. Also you'd have to find replacements for the CCFL tubes.

Comment

Ok, thank you guys, I`ll take the monitor to repair shop. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X