HZ281HPB issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HZ281HPB issues

I have a HZ281HPB is currently having some issues, as can be seen in the attached picture.

As well as the obvious colour issues, there are also ghosting problems when you move the mouse to that side... will stutter before disappearing completely.
    Also, when opening windows etc. the background will stay for a moment before slowly fading out to the newly opened window.

I have popped the back off and checked the capacitors, with my untrained eyes and can't see anything obvious.

Has anyone had experience of something similar to this before? Just wanting to know whether it is worth putting some work into to get back working, or if the screen is a goner and I should just give up.

Any help/advice/comments would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Files

Re: HZ281HPB issues

Our Sony KDL-40VL160 TV went out in the same way, though the color issue was not as bad as it was on your monitor. But the ghosting and background getting stuck for a few moments was the same.

I narrowed down the issue to either bad t-con board or bad LCD tab bonds. But that's as far as I went. I even replaced the gamma IC on the LCD panel board (actually the first thing I did) and it didn't help.

In the end, I gave up and sold the TV on Craigslist for $30.

Whether yours is worth fixing depends on how much you value your time. If you want to do this as a learning experience or you enjoy fixing stuff, then play around with it and see what happens.

Comment

It's worth checking that the cables are seated correctly going from the mainboard to the tcon.

Comment

Right, so have finally had time to get back to checking my monitor!

I have been back and re-seated the cables, but unfortunately the problem persists.

I have checked the t-cons VCC, VDDA, VGH and VGL and they were all in the ranges you (Momoka) had mentioned in another HZ281 thread. I can go back and do these again and provide you with the results if necessary.

Are there any other tests you would recommend me to do?

As a tight-fisted Scotsman I'd love to be able to fix this, but it pretty much is a learning experience at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by Thorper View Post
          I have checked the t-cons VCC, VDDA, VGH and VGL and they were all in the ranges you (Momoka) had mentioned in another HZ281 thread. I can go back and do these again and provide you with the results if necessary.
          I suppose it wouldn't hurt to see those indeed. Just post what voltages you got for the above test points. I recently saw a thread where the O/P mentioned VGH dropped from 25V to 16V, and that caused the screen to become washed out.

Comment

Working...
          X