This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi guys My user name is Geirhart I am here for help repairing my Panasonic viera plasma. Thanks for such a great resource.

G

Comment

Hi i'm jazy. im new here in Badcaps. I joined in order to learn to repair electronics stuff. This forum could be a good start. cheers!

Comment

Hi there,
        I'm Ash and I come about this site from YouTube when searching for info for a tv I was fixing.
        I'm not a computer or electronics guru, but I do work with tvs on a daily basis working for a big broadcasting company in New Zealand.
        Not to bore everyone here, I'm here to gain more knowledge and information about topics that really interest me and finally I found it here in badcaps.net
        Thanks for giving me the opportunity to join and I'm hoping I'll gain more knowledge from you site and hopefully benefit others. Regards to you all
        Ash

Comment

Hi everybody,

just joined this forum to try to resolve my problems with failed plasma Panasonic TX-PR65VT50. Won't start, 3 blinks. I am a former electronics engineer with more than 10 year experience in CNC systems/thyristor motor controllers/cross-correlation flowmeters/embedded micro systems design like OBD-II, as example. These days I am mostly a software engineer, but from time to time life forces me to put on my electronics hat ) I hope I can find help on this forum, and maybe provide help to other people too.

Comment

Hello, everyone! My name is Bryan and I live in Chesapeake, Virginia. I'm a Navy Vet, originally from Colorado. Moved here to VA many moons ago while on active duty. My knowledge on electronics is very basic and is becoming a full-time hobby. I hope to learn via this forum and look forward to expanding my passion in this field.

Comment

Hi ya'll! I am PESK. Experienced in IT, and a MS Cert Trainer (MCT) in mostly, Windows clients and servers and every now and again, I dabble in hardware repair. Started out in electronics in the late 90's and found this forum while looking for a schematic to repair an Asus X555LD mo'bo. One of the components went catatonic for no known good reason and unleashed the dreaded blue smoke. There are no identifying mark to tell me what it is, so here I am... Lovely forum, btw.

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Scott and I live in Somerset. I'm experienced in IT and vehicle electrics fault finding , however I've come here in hope of gaining some knowledge and advice so I can try to fix our Panasonic TV which has started blinking and not displaying anything!

Comment

Hello hello,
                  I'm an electronic engineer from Canada and I'm excited to be part of this forum

Comment

Hi,

i'm an electronic hobbyist from Tahiti (French Polynesia, South Pacific Ocean).

I'm French and and I come here to share knowledge about bad caps.

Regards

Comment

sup, i'm a computer electronics hobbyist and just looking for some technical help with laptops & maybe some other electronics in the future

Comment

New to the site, just want to say hi.
                        I am by no means an expert on electronics but I do like to try and do my own repairs

Comment

Howdy, I am the artist formerly known as Duct Tape Jesus. I slap electronics until they work. I enjoy using dead electronics as enclosures for other electronics. My latest abomination is a Raspberry Pi Zero W in a DMM shell running OpenElec for my bedroom TV.

Comment

Hi all
                            My first computer was Commodore 64 with tape hehe this was days 80s hehe. I do some programming and Pc/notebook repair in Croatia.

Comment

Hello,

I have built PCs for myself, done basic electronic repair and even fixed/diagnosed a flat screen TV that had a bad inverter board. Interested now in fixing a broken laptop motherboard. Thanks for the site.

-Curt

Comment

Hi I am Andy,
                                I have been around the world already quite a bit and have collected tons of information and strategies in other countries to repair, troubleshoot and to make things running. quite interesting, to see all this in reality and not only virtually here...
                                I hope to be of assistance in a few things. Will see how it goes.
                                Andy

Comment

Hi, my name is Enrique, 55, from Veracruz, Mexico. I have two previous really interesting introductions, but after finished them, and tryed to post them, I got a "You need to login" followed by a blank page and a "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.", so, for the third time, in short, I know a little or been in contact with:

Radio Shack TRS-80 Computer -> Ibm mainframe
                                  Z80
                                  8088->i7
                                  AppleII->Macbook
                                  cp/m, DOS, Windows 1-10, Unix, applesoft, OS

Fortran, Visual, Pascal, Cobol, Visual Basic, Clipper, Natural, dBase.

Windows support, virus, data recovery, pc maintenance, basic diagnosis and repair and from the last year to date, learning to repair laptop motherboards to the component level. I have a lot to learn and hope to share some things too, and I hope the third time is the good one.

Best regards.

Comment

I don't know if I introduced myself, because I still can't post a new thread. I'm from markham ontario, computer electronics hobbyist looking to get some assists on laptops and future broken electronics. My goal is to learn and get more experience in electronics repair.

Comment

Same problem. Keep getting this:

edsver, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                      Your account must be activated. Have you activated your account by clicking the link in the email that was sent to you when you created the account?
                                      If you're a new member, have you read the welcome PM outlining how to create your first new thread?

Comment

Hello,
                                        my name is Claudio from Italy. I'm 40yo unix system administrator. I don't have much electronic knowledges, but I would like to learn. I read many posts on the forum, before decide to register me.

Comment

Hello all,

I just joined this forum to learn how to fix flat screen TVs and the like. I retired last years from many year of software programming for large corporations, last one being from at&t. I've built many PCs over the years. I'm not sure what my first PC was, but it was PC/AT clone with 80286 processor and either 10 or 20 Meg hard drive from the precursor to Dell. Back then, it was called PC's Limited in Round Rock, TX. I should have bought stock in the company from the early days... oh well.

I do my own simple wiring projects such as installing ceiling fans, installing new 110v light circuits, etc. Last year I converted a 110V circuit in my garage into 220V circuits so that I can charge my Chevrolet Volt faster. I like to tinker with simple household appliances that break as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X