Mount tv but leave back cover off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount tv but leave back cover off?

Has anyone mounted a tv on an articulating wall mount, with the back cover of tv off? Do you see any potential problems? my tv runs cooler with back off. Has been mounted to tv stand without cover thru a piece of wood, with no problems, the wall mount is metal tho and would reside close to power board. Thank you for any feedback.

Re: Mount tv but leave back cover off?

i see no problems, it's fully enclosed still.

i had some tv's once that HAD to be run with the back removed.
    SONIX brand - made to look like SONY from a distance!!

someone at the factory messed up and the grills in the plastic & metal bits did not line up,
    so that model always overheated after a couple of hours - loads of them got dumped on the surplus market!!

Comment

Thanks STJ, was hoping I could, I think it will last a lot longer and it's definitely easier to blow out the dust. Thanks for quick reply.

Comment

just to be clear, i talking about the plastic cover - not steel shielding.

Comment

I would put a fan in the back cover and keep it on. It depends on your household.
          As long as no one can touch parts on the backside and get a shock.
          As long as no flammable stuff nearby (drapes fabric books magazines etc.).

I have seen with TV stand mods is they break and the TV lands on the kids... That was plywood with no corner braces oops

Comment

Yes, plastic cover. For sure safety first, no children and the dog is too short, lol.

Comment

You might be surprised but TV parts can run cooler with the cover on. This is because the cover ducts the rising warm air cooling heatsinks. While the ambient of the TV is hotter with the cover on, important hot parts are cooler on average.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

yes . plastic cover

Comment

Working...
                X