Recapped but new problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recapped but new problem

Hi, I have a Samsung syncmaster 930 and recently experienced the common problem of the flashing green light and monitor refusing to power up.

After a visit to the forums here and some youtube videos, I bought tools and replaced 2 caps on the power board. I replaced the original 1000uF 16v 105dgr Samxon caps with 1000uF 25v 105dgr caps from NTE electronics. I've taken photos but Im on my friends computer and he doesn't have an unzip program so I can't post them. But the connections look decent.

Anyway, the power problem seems resolved as it boots up(the monitor) nicely but now it doesn't receive a signal. It flashes from analog to digital a few times(little box in the upper left) then says No cable signal.

Could this be caused by lack of power to the brain board in the monitor? and if so what would be the most likely causes of that? I've checked and rechecked all the wire connections and they SEEM ok, nice and snug.

Re: Recapped but new problem

you might want to consider going with a low ESR cap. Those NTE brands (like you get from radio shack) are more for electronic kits, not power supply replacement
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Re: Recapped but new problem

NTE is not low ESR.
      The low ESR helps the caps send noise to ground.
      Noise is like that static sound when a radio isn't tuned to the station.
      The non-low ESR caps are leaving the noise in the power so all your IC chips are getting noisy power instead of a nice 'clean' DC.

That might not be the whole problem but you aren't likely to find out with the wrong kind of caps in there.

What series and diameter were the original caps?
      Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Working...
      X