I-Inc IF281D Display Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I-Inc IF281D Display Problem

To answer PCBONEZ...I did not keep the Box..it would cost almost $130 to ship...it is almost 3 yrs old. Bought another so this is just gravy and an attempt to hone some very old unused skills Looking to Retire in Two years and need a hobby which might cover the grocery Bill. Pulled the Logic Board--identical to AloofOne INC so pic is posted of board....no physical damage: 20 GJT caps on the board. Will post values later.

Comment

Logic Board has 20 Caps: 12 ea.--GJT 25v10uf (M) 3x8mm 105c
      5ea.--GJT 16v100uf(M) 4x12mm 105c
      3ea.--GJT 16v470uf(M) 8x15mm 105c

Comment

I would personally replace ALL the caps on the logic board. Be warned, those small caps are extremely difficult to replace if you have no experience in soldering. You can easily destroy the board when you become frustrated getting the old caps out or the new ones in - ESPECIALLY those 4mm ones.

The 16 470uF ones are a dime a dozen... Please confirm the diameter n the 16V 100uF ones. Are they really 4mm? Maybe 5mm?
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

I believe you are correct...5mm.. eyes not as good as they use to be. I'm Game. I use to work on Arcade Games replacing chips in the 80's..would drop in a scocket for the next replacement..lifted a few traces in my day, lots of choice words would follow. The only thing that worries me is Taxes and running out of Wine When I went to Badcaps to try and order all the caps I did not know where to find the caps I need. I have created an account however, is there somewhere else I need to be looking ? Mouser or DigiKey ?? I think I should replace the caps on the PSU as well not that much more in cost. From the info I have read..Rubycon about the best ?

Comment

I always encourage people to buy from Topcat, but the type of caps you need varies to widely to place everything in one order by him.

The only people who stock Rubycon that I know of is Newark. Doesn't matter who you use inasmuch as what you use. Nichicon, Rubycon, UCC, whatever. I even buy Illinois Components when they're on the rare occasion suitable and priced better (Though I am disappointed with them, I ordered a 33uF 400V IC cap and the top was already slightly bloated and the heatshrink job was shoddy - must have been Leroy on that shift mmmm hmmm).

Make sure you get the right kinds of caps. If you would post all the caps in a coherent format, like I showed you earlier, I could help you out. It's a little difficult to read your posts. You seem to be in loath of paragraphs.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

PSU:
              Taicon 50v 10uf "HW" 5x11mm 4 each
              Taicon 35v 33uf "PW" 6x12mm 1 each
              Taicon 10v 220uf "PW" 6x12mm 2 each
              Taicon 25v 220uf "HD" 8x15mm 1 each
              Rubycon 25v 680uf "YXG" 10x20mm 2 each
              Chemicon 16v 1000uf "KZH" 8x20mm 2 each
              Chemicon 35v 1000uf "KY" 13x20mm 2 each

Logic Board:
              GJT 25v 10uf "M" 3x8mm 12 each
              GJT 16v 100UF "M" 4x12mm 5 each
              GJT 16v 470uf "M" 8x15mm 3 each

Is this the format you are asking for Mockingbird ?

Comment

Yes, excellent!

I'm going to give you links to Digikey, because their shipping is cheaper than Newark, and I don't like to use Mouser.

I'm going to guess which caps belong to which VRM, as there seems to be two on the board:
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...9&d=1325972026

VRM 1
                Chemicon 16v 1000uf "KZH" 8x20mm 2 each
                Taicon 25v 220uf "HD" 8x15mm 1 each
                Taicon 10v 220uf "PW" 6x12mm 2 each

VRM 2
                Rubycon 25v 680uf "YXG" 10x20mm 2 each
                Chemicon 35v 1000uf "KY" 13x20mm 2 each

Small Caps On PSU
                Taicon 50v 10uf "HW" 5x11mm 4 each

Logic Board
                GJT 25v 10uf "M" 3x8mm 12 each
                GJT 16v 100UF "M" 4x12mm 5 each
                GJT 16v 470uf "M" 8x15mm 3 each
                I seperated it this way because we have to match the ESR of all the caps in each seperate VRM, or get as close as possible.

REPLACEMENTS
                VRM 1
                16V 1000uF 8x20mm Panasonic "FR" 1560 0.030
                25V 220uF 8x11.5mm UCC "KZE" 760 0.072
                10V 220uF 6.3x11.2mm Panasonic "FM" 455 0.13

VRM 2
                35V 1000uF 12.5x20mm Panasonic "FR" 2600 0.018
                25V 680uF 10x20mm Panasonic "FM" 2180 0.019

Small Caps On PSU
                50V 10uF

Please double check this one. I don't see why such a small value cap would be 6.3mm. If it really is 35V 33uF, then this 5x11 cap should do fine.

Logic Board
                25V 10uF 4x7mm Nichicon "PW"
                16V 100uF 5x11 Panasonic "FR"
                16V 470uF 8x15mm UCC "KZE"

Comment

Thank You Very Much... Mockingbird. The Taicon 35v 33uf could very well be 5x11, it is C33 and part of the Primary PSU on the Board you referred to. I do not have any calipers to get an accurate Height and Diameter and have not removed any caps from the board, all done with a ruler in a awkward position. I will order up the caps. Thank you again for your time and effort.

Comment

If memory serves I've seen 6.3mm 33uF on AOpen boards but they were only like 7 or 8 mm tall.
                    Agree it's a very unusual size.
                    The data sheet says the 33uF 35v PW should be 5x11 mm.
                    If the problem is caps (not so sure it is) I'm guessing it's the GJT.
                    Mann-Made Global Warming.
                    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
                    -
                    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by nightstar View Post
                      I have an IF281D that was exhibiting similar symptoms. Periodic black outs with increasing frequency preceded by shimmering text at the top of the screen and an occasional ghost image displaced horizontally. For a time I averted the black screen problem by removing the shroud and directing a high powered fan at the electronics on the back.

Based on the visual artifacts I discounted the possibility of inverter/back light failure and recapped the input logic board. So far the repair seems to be successful.

The CapXcon caps on my logic board were KM and ST series which are rated for a meager 1000 hrs and 2000 hrs respectively the lower of which approximates the three year warranty period on this monitor. I suspect a case of planned obsolecense.

Good luck with your repair I'll wager a recap sets things right.

nice well i see a solution was made for this monitor i also have the same problem and was looking for a solution but question is

do you have any pictures of what you did and what should i be looking for ?

i am really new to getting my i inc IF281D fixed i was upset when i started to get the same symptoms when having the VGA input working but i did a work around to using the HDMI input for 1yr and it worked till i started with the same problem 2 days ago so tried to look all over even thinking about converting this to an LED but i didnt know how and where to start till i got here

so i thank you all for helping out aloofone cause if it was not for him i wouldnt be here lol

but what i am looking for is a picture with details of what you replaced
                      and with what part number and details on where to get it and what should i use for this whole repair

and bonus cookie points if you guys can give out pointers on how to convert this monitor to an led with brightness control

Comment

You guys are really thorough and very helpful.
                        I applaud your services

Comment

Hello all!

I can see a really good people on this forum and I have a problem I want to share with you guys and maybe we can fix...

I have a 28in HannsG monitor model # HG281D which has the same power board from our friend AloofOne: FSP217-4F02.

A loosen screw from the power board short circuited the board touching against the LCD metal cover and now the monitor is not working anymore.

So, I have a couple questions:

1. Is it possible to fix the board even with the damages in it? I do know how to soldering big components, but I've never tried on SMD components.

2. I saw on the internet one guy who replaced the internal power board with an external PC ATX power, which I have one spare at home. Does someone have an idea in how to implement this solution?

So, basically that's it. I'm really frustrated, because I bought this used monitor, I drove 2 hours to pick it and the short circuit happened only 2 days after I started using...

So, any feedback is gratefully appreciated.

- Gustavo Barizon

Below some pictures of the damage:

Full view of the boards

In the middle where the screw touched

A damaged component. It exploded as you can see

Pay attention to the R27 and C10 components

Wider view of damaged area: Close to the integrated circuit the R27 & C10

Now a closer view of the damaged components

Explosion

Here is the component detail (the good ones)

And finally the external ATX power supply I have. I got 25V on this set and I saw on the power board one of output voltage is 25V as well. Maybe this works!

Comment

This is not 25V. AC, it's 12V. CC.

Comment

That's true! I've checked and I took the wrong scale. My bad.

Is that correct to make 24V I may just -jump +12V with -12V?

I'm thinking to wire with this power supply output but I don't have the power supply (FSP217-4F02) output voltages. Does anybody know?

Thanks!

- Gustavo
                              Last edited by Barizon; 07-10-2012, 10:52 PM.

Comment

OUTPUT SPECIFICATIONS:

Output Voltage: +5Vsb | 4.75V - 5.25V
                                +5Vsb | 4.75V - 5.25V
                                +18V | 17.0V - 19.0V
                                +24V | 23.0V - 25.0V

Output Current: +5Vsb | 0.15A ~ 1.5A
                                +5Vsb | 0.35A ~ 3.5A
                                +18V | 0.3A ~ 3.0A | Peak 4.0A
                                +24V | 0.8A ~ 8.0A | Peak 10.5A

Comment

zedascouves: are those numbers from FSP217-4F02 or FSP271-4F02? (I found the 271, but I couldn't find the 217)!! Please confirm, because it matches with the 271 diagram I have in hands here.

Thanks!

Comment

i'm having similar issue with my iF281D, the power light comes on (blue) like normal, but no image/black screen. if i hold a flash light to the screen i see nothing still, sometimes i'm able to leave monitor on for a few hours, and then turn it off then back on quick, and will start working again, for a little while... i'm just not sure if it's the caps on the power supply, the input board or the backlight inverter... need to know which kit to order so i can replace the caps. any help would be appreciated. i've taken the monitor apart already and see no caps that looks bulged or anything to determine which one is causing the issue.
                                    Last edited by borlosky; 08-06-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum-
                                      We can help a lot more if you please post good clear pictures of the whole chassis, and then pictures of each board, front and back and close up of connectors, (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) using the manage attachments button, which is found by clicking "go advanced" under quick reply.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.
                                      Barizon has totally messed up this thread!

Examples of what is needed
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1290283049

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...7&d=1280167246

It will be useful if you can say a bit about yourself - skills tools etc.

If not easily readable in your pics please state the board part numbers.
                                      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
                                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

HELLO

I have a I-INC 28 lcd monitor IF281D that was dead and after replacing the power supply it now powers up fine but will not display any image. The symptoms are as follows;

Without VGA input connected the power on light comes on blue the sceen illuminates white with no image and then goes black after a few seconds and the power light turns amble.

With a VGA signal connected the same thing occures but the screen stays illuminated white with no image and power on light remains blue until power is removed.

I would be thankful for any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by DIODE View Post
                                          I would be thankful for any suggestions.
                                          1) Usually there is a "panel" board that runs the entire length of the lcd. It is located at the top of the lcd and there will be a LVDS cable attached to it. See if the SMD fuse is blown.

2) If the SMD fuse is good, then check all the voltage regulators on the main board to see if they are outputting their correct voltages.
                                          --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Working...
                                          X