This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Power supply build quality pictorial. part 2

This was a interesting unit IMO. Dual fans and huge heatsink covering almost whole PCB.

However, after opening the unit, the truth came out... 2x 820uF JEE caps on the primary, Fuhjuyy on the secondary.
    And a lot of dust, probably thanks to the intake fan.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Jooo; 06-10-2012, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Altis 350W. Mostly Teapo caps.
      For some reason, the cables of the 12V cpu power connector were really thin. Every other cable was 18AWG, just the 12V connector were thinner.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Jooo; 06-10-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

The Altis label layout is similar to this:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...3&d=1289081146
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11930

The psu should be HEC. They make decent power supplies, after recap.

Comment

Deltaco looks good, apart from Teapos, looks like it could manage at least 350W.

SilverPower looks okay, nice primary cap size, large heatsinks...
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Originally posted by Jooo View Post
            First off, the Deltaco PSU-215. Caps were mostly Teapo. Nothing too interesting here...
            Are those Panasonic inputs?
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
              They sure look like it. Btw, does the SilverPower have active PFC by any chance? I've seen that design with the extra PCB mounted on top of the heatsinks before, and i recall it was active PFC.
              Originally posted by PeteS in CA
              Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
              A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...0&d=1339367234 ?

Comment

Which ones did you think i'm talking about?
                  Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                  Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                  A working TV? How boring!

Comment

This was a interesting unit IMO. Dual fans and huge heatsink covering almost whole PCB.

However, after opening the unit, the truth came out... 2x 820uF JEE caps on the primary, Fuhjuyy on the secondary.
                    And a lot of dust, probably thanks to the intake fan.
                    It's a Wintech built unit, the single heatsink gives it away.

Comment

Yup. The Deltaco looks like a Huntkey, The silver power is a wintech, and the other one is HEC/Compucase.
                      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

hahahahaha, "Deltaco" I thought they made tacos, not PSU's!!! I was expecting worse, but they're not completely terrible looking. Except for those nasty Fuhjyyu's.

Comment

Originally posted by Heihachi_73 View Post
                          Seventeam ST-230WHF AT power supply (w43/96). Still works perfectly along with the Pentium 150 system it was powering.
                          Wait, I thought Seventeam made good quality PSUs. Granted this is an old AT PSU, but they still skipped the input filtering. Shame on you, Seventeam!

Comment

I have a 200W Hipro from 1993 that had the same problem (I added in filtering myself).

Comment

By that time…it havent really mattered All components have been overrated anyway, they worked on low frequencies with great headroom so some high-frequency noise didn't really make any difference.
                              Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
                              Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

First off, the Deltaco PSU-215. Caps were mostly Teapo. Nothing too interesting here...
                                This one looks like an old design with lots of patches... the small pcb on the secondary side, the inductor without magnetic core on top right corner, the pfc coil on the left..

By the way, is that coil actually real, or is that cement/steel blades with the cable going through it?

Comment

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                                  By the way, is that coil actually real, or is that cement/steel blades with the cable going through it?
                                  Seems like I'm not the only one who thought it could be fishy lol
                                  Reminded me of this..
                                  http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/2012/...550h-review/4/

Comment

Originally posted by scenic View Post
                                    seems like i'm not the only one who thought it could be fishy lol
                                    reminded me of this..
                                    http://hardwareinsights.com/wp/2012/...550h-review/4/
                                    hahahahahahahaha
                                    "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                    -David VanHorn

Comment

or this ...

http://www.definethis.org/temp/psu/10680033.html

(mirrored it myself from http://www.cloudfrom.com:8080/showIt.../10680033.html as the site is super slow)

Comment

Blast from the past: A Seasonic SS-200HE from around 1989. The PCB is dated April 12 1988.

Wiring is all 18AWG, and there are only four Molex connectors - two on the same cable and two on separate cables (most likely for 5.25" A: and B: drives; there are no 3.5" floppy connectors).

There is a good 1-1.5 inches of blank space underneath the PCB, with only a small amount of wiring for the AC/ground connectors, and cobwebs, making use if it. There is one solitary resistor on the solder side as well.

C5: Rubycon CE RSP 470uF 200V 85°C 8954W
                                        C6: Rubycon CE RSP 470uF 200V 85°C 8954W
                                        C7: Cehtr 1uF 50V 85°C
                                        C8: Cehtr 1uF 50V 85°C
                                        C13: S.I. 2.2 uF 50V 85°C (under fan)
                                        C14: S.I. 4.7uF 50V 85°C
                                        C15: S.I. 1uF 50V 85°C
                                        C16: S.I. 4.7uF 50V 85°C
                                        C17: S.I. 10uF 25V 85°C
                                        C21: Matsushita CE HFS 2200uF 10V 105°C
                                        C22: Matsushita CE HFS 2200uF 10V 105°C
                                        C23: Matsushita CE HFS 1000uF 16V 105°C
                                        C24: TREC 47uF 50V 85°C (no temp rating)
                                        C25: S.I. 470uF 16V 85°C
                                        C26: S.I. 47uF 16V 85°C
                                        C27: S.I. 1uF 50V 85°C
                                        Attached Files

Comment

C24: TREC 47uF 50V 85°C (no temp rating)

Comment

Working...
                                          X