Cyberslim Hamer MIT450W

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyberslim Hamer MIT450W

Well this is certainly one I haven't heard of. From what I can piece together is that Cyberslim is like a Taiwanese Newegg, and Hamer is their in house brand (like Rosewill) Maybe. I don't know. Anyways this power supply is pretty hard to find around the US, pretty sure it's really only sold in taiwan (again, I don't live in asia so correct me if I'm wrong,) so I'm kinda interested in what they are getting over there. The "MIT" stands for Made In Taiwan.

Anyways lets start with an overall shot of the whole unit.

Shiny. Very nicely sleeved cables going into the unit. 20+4 pin connector, 4+4 pin cpu power connector, 2 6+2 pin pci-e connectors. Strange a 450W has two 6+2 pin pci-e connectors. It also has 6 sata connectors, 4 molex's and a floppy.

Label shot.

Powerlogic fan. Pushes 107.58 CFM @ 2600rpm and uses a sleeve bearing. This fan is not that silent, has a faint whine to it while running. Not too noticeable though.

Overall internal shot. Know who built it yet? They're not really well known but they are kind of big and make a pretty good product. The transient filter is pretty impressive with 4 X caps, 3 coils, and 6 Y caps.

Bridge rectifier bolted to the primary heatsink is a 8A, 600V part followed by the APFC coil. The primary caps are TK LGW rated at 105C, 400v, 150uf each and they are connected in parallel.

Another shot of those caps

Secondary caps are all UCC. Well, that means this is 100% japanese caps. Those two cards sticking up there are the 5v and 3.3v vrm cards. The caps on those are UCC solids.

If you haven't figured it out by now, it's made by Impervio. Overall a pretty nice unit. A 450W with good bronze 80 plus certification, all japanese caps with lots of connectors and good built quality.
    Attached Files

Re: Cyberslim Hamer MIT450W

Hope this thing is as nice as it looks, I just bought one for my rig- So maybe I'll post back after I get it, install it, and test it out.

I liked the idea of this thing having 6 x sata, and 2x 6+2 pci-e connectors,
    and the sheathed cables are nice for less clutter.

I looked everywhere for a decent psu and didnt want to spend a fortune for overpower, and found one of these on ebay new for $23 shipped so if its as good as it looks then I got a decent psu for a good price. Without having to buy an overpriced psu with way more power then I needed to get all the satas on this one, most I found on places like the egg were either cheap built or way over priced to only get 1-4 satas.
    Last edited by Nightviper; 05-09-2010, 11:09 PM. Reason: add to post.

Comment

Re: Cyberslim Hamer MIT450W

You probably got it from the same guy I did. I believe his name is technologypowerhouse or something like that. Basically all the psu's he has there are 1/2 way decent because they can run their ratings and are at least 80plus standard. He gets all of them from the 80plus organization once they are done testing them.

I just hope you don't plan on running a gtx295 on this thing, it's only a 450W. I noticed a lot of East Asian psu's are lower wattage but still get away with lots of PCI-e connectors.
      Last edited by 370forlife; 05-10-2010, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X