Vizio P42HDTV10 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vizio P42HDTV10 no picture

Got Vizio P42HDTV10A from Craigslist. Opened and found blown 4A fuse on Z sustain. Replaced fuse and IPM STK795-821. Turned on TV, still no picture. Check voltages, VA 60, VS 184 VE 100, -VY -200, VSC 120. All voltages correspond to the label on the panel. Panel is PDP42X32000. The power supply does not turn off, TV is on but either Y or Z systain does not feel warming up at all. All low voltages on power supply testing good.
    I also noticed that there is cable going from control board (has 4 LED), located below main board to the Z sustain (location P2) has first 2 wires (one is black) 15V when unplugged from Z sustain. When plug in Z sustain the voltage is only 1.5V on same wires. Do I have problem with Z sustain pulling down control board voltage or bad control board.
    Any suggestion appreciated.

Re: Vizio P42HDTV10 no picture

Attached are pictures on Z-sustain and P2 connector. I am missing 2 Mosfets on picture, they are on order. Don't think they are problem. They are FQB27N25.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ned1; 04-15-2014, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Does anyone has any clue what voltages should be on P2 connector out of control board?

Comment

High speed digital signals - measurement with a meter will not provide sensible results unfortunately.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Is it normal to get 15v on the wire labeled 15v from control board when unplugged, and only 1.5v when plugged to Z sustain

Comment

Is there any way to test main and control board on this tv. I don't see auto gen on control board?

Comment

There could be a short on the Z-sustain dragging the 15V down.

With Z-sustain completely disconnected from set (except orange panel ribbons), you should get a dim/purple image. Not very good quality, but it will be there.
              Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
              For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I will test it Thursday and get back to you. One if the mosfets I removed tested fishy, so I will replace it

Comment

What is the part number of this diode. Location on Z sustain board is D29 and it is short both ways.
                  Attached Files

Comment

You sure that is a diode.... doesn't look like any diode I've ever seen.

Comment

Me either, but there is a picture of same one on the location D31 and this one actually testing as a diode.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I think that's referring to the device above.

Comment

Here are better pictures. Those are miniature parts, and actual picture of the part is zoomed to read writing on the part. D29 is short and I removed it and soldered on the bigger pad above so I don't loose it.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Did some research, the diode mention above is a zener part number UDZSTE-1715BCT-ND. I have new Z sustain in order and will do some comparison with old when received. Hopefully new sustain board will get picture on this TV. Also have zener coming too.

Comment

Received new Z sustain, and got it to work. Only issue I have is need picture adjustment. When powered on without source I can see bunch if red pixels around screen. Is there any adjustment for this. All voltages are per panel sticker.

Comment

See the pictures
                                Attached Files

Comment

Some people say you can adjust the voltages on the y sus. I think its vas and vac or something like that. I had that problem and I couldn't get rid of it completely. I actually have 3 of these units I got off Craigslist.

Comment

But check those voltages to see if they line up with what it says on the panel.

Comment

This is called a maldischarge fault and to fix it the control board must be flashed with updated software.

A guy called Capkid on these forums offers a $22.50 service; just post your board to him.
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29263

Comment

All voltages are exactly as on panel sticker. I may fool with some of them to see if it gets better .
                                        Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                        X