Sanyo led tv DP55360, power up, screen flashes white, shuts off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanyo led tv DP55360, power up, screen flashes white, shuts off

this tv randomly shut it self off in the middle of a show.
    now when I turn it on it flashes a white screen and the immediately shuts down.
    I replaced a voltage regulator on the main board (upper right corner) that was a recommendation from another forum.
    the set worked for about 2 days and when back to the same condition above.
    Any suggestions??

Re: Sanyo led tv DP55360, power up, screen flashes white, shuts off

most of these sets have an issue with the 13v supply that powers the audio. Try removing D1674 from the main board and see if your problem persists. This is by no means a fix, but a diagnosis. If it does fix your issue, the problem lies in the audio chip which I believe is IC1670. There are "repair" kits on eBay that sell a replacement audio chip and a replacement diode that the seller states is for the power supply. However, I believe that you can use any 2 channel audio chip from mouser or similar site. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong on any of this.

Comment

Re: Sanyo led tv DP55360, power up, screen flashes white, shuts off

I changed IC1670 on my DP55360 for the same reasons. I also put in a Zener diode where the repair manual says to install. I am working on over a week without a shutdown, but IC1670 is getting really warm. I think there is something else going on with the set.
      IC1670 is a LV5806 the Zener is a B0BC01700015. Resistor 1679 is not in the circuit, and the manual says to install the Zener here. The cathode of the installed Zener should line up with the cathode of d1674.
      I would not recommend taking diode 1674 out. This is the line that tells the CPU there is a voltage error in the audio circuit.

Comment

Working...
      X